Production termination!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
A wise woman told me one time "a true gentleman will let a woman think she won the discussion, while keeping a totally straight face".

d

trickpony1

a very wise old man told me, "....if it flies (airplane), floats (boat) or friend's (four letter word), you're better off renting it.".

Puck

Man,Myth...Legend....
Holy off topic batman !!

batmanMOS_228x320.jpg

mnnice

I thought the union stance has always been that since production numbers are not addressed in the contract that they do not apply to employment?
First off, I would demand to see the formula that IE uses to produce the average drivers production numbers,
this factoid has always been held as proprietary information by UPS and is not shared.
Secondly, to apply a general average to a specific point in time is very flawed logic and impossible to support.
Thirdly, the arbitrator must take in all factors, as an independent observer, and has liability, if they do not.

Not to pick a fight, but there is more to this story than you reveal.

mnnice

IE only develops the standards for that route from the information they gathered the day of the time study. If this termination was done right, the on-road supervisor should have rode with this driver numerous times and use the information he/she gathered to determine what level the driver should perform no matter what the IE results showed. Best demonstrated level should be determined by the rides the supervisor performs with the driver and that level is what should be used instead of IE's level. IE only gives you a base to follow.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
IE only develops the standards for that route from the information they gathered the day of the time study. If this termination was done right, the on-road supervisor should have rode with this driver numerous times and use the information he/she gathered to determine what level the driver should perform no matter what the IE results showed. Best demonstrated level should be determined by the rides the supervisor performs with the driver and that level is what should be used instead of IE's level. IE only gives you a base to follow.

He rode with the driver for 3 days and the driver agreed it was a fair number. Then the driver did much worse alone. It was by the book

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Heffe, not only that, he demonstrated that he could run better on road by himself the day where they started by giving him his three day suspension.

It was the guys attitude more than any single item that got him fired.

d

local804

I would say it was his overall record not his attitude that was the reasoning for his firing just like the arbitrator stated. He had a crystal clear record and no one knew who he was at UPS till he became a steward.Then all of a sudden,after a ton of grievances filed, warning letters,suspensions and this guy was a headache. He was classified as the least best and had an ex center manager that was demoted for integrity issues in another district give him a fair ojs?

I would say it was his overall record not his attitude that was the reasoning for his firing just like the arbitrator stated. He had a crystal clear record and no one knew who he was at UPS till he became a steward.Then all of a sudden,after a ton of grievances filed, warning letters,suspensions and this guy was a headache. He was classified as the least best and had an ex center manager that was demoted for integrity issues in another district give him a fair ojs?
Don't you feel his attitude contributed to the over all record?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dear 804.

150 grievances in 2 years? That is about one a week.

I did more in two months starting out than he did in two years, and you think that is what got him canned?

What kind of pansy shop stewards are you yankees putting in power up there? From what I understand, he filed the same type of grievances I did. But I filed a ton more. So why did they not can me?

Its cause I did not have an ax to grind. I did not try to prove to other drivers that UPS cant fire me because of numbers. I know they can. Its called stealing time.

But in his case, it was the over all record. The record showed the attitude. HE refused to work as instructed. He tried to make himself a martyr.

He reminded me of those monks in the 60's that went to the corner, poured gas on himself and struck a match.

Pure and simple, it was his actions and lack thereof that cost him his job. Not the numbers or the activities as a steward.

But keep drinking the coolaid if that is what you need to get through life.

d

local804

Dear 804.

But keep drinking the coolaid if that is what you need to get through life.

d

All I need is my family, some food, and a steady job to get through life. He was voted in and ran against a steward with alot of time(like yourself) and not alot of experiance. Im sure in your neck of the woods, you ran a picture perfect union and were the best steward ever. I also dont need a clown on the internet telling me how to get through life when he has been out of the company many years and boy have the times changed!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
It seems you live in a world where stewards go off on their own and interpret the contract in their own dream world. I guess many of your membership worship him as a hero. And I guess had he not been caught with his pants down and shown to be a fool, he might have been a hero.

Around here we have a saying. And it fits his hearing to a T.

NEVER bring a knife to a gunfight. Heck, he didnt even bring his knife, he brought his brass knuckles.

I have never ever seen someone so unprepared to defend himself.

So stick up for your friend. But it really makes me wonder how a friend such as you could let him rush off and fall on his sword.

As for me being gone along time, two, well almost three years now is a life time for some people.

But things dont change all that much. Yeah, the faces do, and the terminology.

But it seems to me that a fool is a fool yesterday, today and tomorrow. And the friend of a fool that wont help prevent serious damage is a fool as well.

Best

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Im sorry T.

I guess I was raised different.

You never let a friend do something that will get him killed or has a lifetime lasting effect. At least you pick the fights, and stack the odds in your favor as best you can before swinging.

This guy cant seem to get that into his head. Others saw it. Others tried to stop him. Others tried to talk some sense into him. But not good ole 804........Wonder why?

d PS, is he tie???:wink2: