Putting in My Letter of Intent

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I also can leave early if needed and come in late....
xTAi5.gif

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Somebody should have explained that to my old center manager. Every single morning the preload didn't go down on schedule, he would tell us to code 'approved AM meeting.'

I think it was 073.
center manager here says O77 Safety and Wellness. Always have extra safety time at the end of the month.

rod

Retired 22 years
So you mean UPS management is doing the same thing every company in America is doing? By golly that is disturbing!

One thing that doesn't seem to sink in on this forum is that the benefits you guys get is a rarity in America. Most of them are actually unheard of this day in age. A pension and no out of pocket cost for healthcare? Nearly nobody does that anymore.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy it while it lasts. I'm sure the company and union will both be in cut back mode next contract.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
OP I wish you the best, but you have to slow down a little bit. There's some concerning things you are saying, that just aren't true. You're 2 weeks in. You may be an experienced driver, and I have a lot of respect for that. But you're in a new world. It's fresh, which can be exciting. But you have a TON to learn. What you've learned thus far is a drop in the bucket.

I was a PT Management employee for about 18 months, and now FT for about 3 months. I trained for about 6 months prior to going FT. There is so much I'm still learning. Not even just on the delivery side. That will be easy for you. But with timecards and the systems we use every day.

clean hairy

So you mean UPS management is doing the same thing every company in America is doing? By golly that is disturbing!

One thing that doesn't seem to sink in on this forum is that the benefits you guys get is a rarity in America. Most of them are actually unheard of this day in age. A pension and no out of pocket cost for healthcare? Nearly nobody does that anymore.
Selective quote there, I see.
Something was said about relocating management not being so much anymore, due to the cost.
You left off the end of my response which was
"I would not be surprised to see the Co. make Management pay their own moving expenses in the event of a transfer"
That is the essence of what you left off.
The part you quoted was the first couple of things taken away from management, and that paid moving expenses could be taken away as well.
Post #1414 I believe.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Selective quote there, I see.
Something was said about relocating management not being so much anymore, due to the cost.
You left off the end of my response which was
"I would not be surprised to see the Co. make Management pay their own moving expenses in the event of a transfer"
That is the essence of what you left off.
The part you quoted was the first couple of things taken away from management, and that paid moving expenses could be taken away as well.
Post #1414 I believe.
If you take out relocation costs nobody would relocate. It's that simple. It's standard in corporate America.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

One thing that doesn't seem to sink in on this forum is that the benefits you guys get is a rarity in America. Most of them are actually unheard of this day in age. A pension and no out of pocket cost for healthcare? Nearly nobody does that anymore.
Is it just a coincidence that corporations are sitting on record profits and piles of cash? The money is there.