Question about pick off raise

Dynomite

So I started in Orlando, transfered to Addison, IL. I got the pick off raise in Illinois, but I had to go back to Orlando for family reasons. They took my raise away is that suppose to happen? I thought once you got a raise its always there. I know it makes sense to take it away because I'm not certified in Orlando, but why not just let me keep my raise and not let me pick off until I re-certify?

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you stop doing the job you got the raise for, it is taken away. Two of my co-workers transferred to metro from preload. They lost their preferential pay. In other words, the dollar raise. Not only did you give that up, but if you were in Local 705/710, they have an awesome contract that I would give my dispatcher's left nut for.

Dynomite

I get why it was taken but I was always told that once you get the raise it can't be taken away. Whatever.. Ya I was in 705. What about their contract differs from others?

UPSGUY72

Dynomite:937818 said:
I get why it was taken but I was always told that once you get the raise it can't be taken away. Whatever.. Ya I was in 705. What about their contract differs from others?

Different position pay different rates you get paid the rate for the job your are doing. The dollar an hour raise you got was for doing a specific job if your not doing that work anymore you don't get the dollar. It's just like a ft driver taken a art 22.3 job he going to take big pay cut.