Question here for pending new driver!!!! please help!

They are posting a bid sheet for a new driver at my center. I have a speeding ticket on my record that I got in May. Am I elligble to become a driver or not? Its my only ticket ive ever got in my life.

cb1969

No you must have a clean driving record with nothing on it for 1 year to qualify. It is a requirement to qualify and is stated on the bid sheet for first time drivers. Once you qualify as a package car driver then it no longer matters. Just to address the above a speeding ticket is a moving violation...

Cementups

Box Monkey
Just sign it. The worst they can do is say no or pass you over because of your speeding ticket. Sign everything, even if you don't think you're eligible.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just sign it. The worst they can do is say no or pass you over because of your speeding ticket. Sign everything, even if you don't think you're eligible.

i don't agree here. If they were to get hired then the company found out they had a ticket they could be fired for dishonesty.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i don't agree here. If they were to get hired then the company found out they had a ticket they could be fired for dishonesty.

Unless the bid sheet clearly outlines the qualifications, including driving record, then the OP would not be dishonest by simply signing the bid sheet. UPS will pull his abstract and decide from there whether to hire him or not.l