question????

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Why do certain people on here post rude responses ....and thats o.k? But if you reply to them.....they cry to the Mods to have them removed! THATS B.S.

2. Future

Future Well-Known Member

:fightings::fightings:Sounds like UPS in a nutshell my friend!!!

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I'm sorry----I will stop calling you and BB58 "Romper Room".

4. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Rude responses show a lot more about the poster than the posts target.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Marne Vet

Marne Vet Well-Known Member

They're a part of a little online circle-jerk where they get to pretend online they're important. Keyboard Cowboys, but ******* in real life.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

If I feel someone crosses the line for me, I report it. I will also report posts that are made just to instigate someone crossing the line.

I let probably more slide than I should without reporting since this is a public forum, but it comes down to the mods don't read everything so if you don't report it you can't complain if it doesn't get taken care of.

7. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I'm not reporting anything. That's part of the entertainment. Who wants to hear about socks, boots and cats?

8. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

As I said I let a lot of things slide, vulgar personal attacks are my line. Heated arguments are quite entertaining, but when they go personal and vulgar it quickly stops being entertaining and something I want to read as well as against the TOS.

9. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Report the rude responses and if they are over the line, attacking a member or adding nothing to the conversation, they will be moderated accordingly.

10. cachsux

cachsux Wah

The best are the folks who come on trying to be important but then blow a fuse when no one buys their line of bs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Marne Vet

The best are folks who've been on the site for awhile that feel superior to anyone new, and think that anything they say should be granted instant respect, even when they're a compete tool. I agree with cach sucks. Damn autocorrect. Sorry bro.

12. rod

rod retired and happy

That's the way I feel about it also. Strictly entertainment. I've never reported anyone for anything. This isn't Clarksville--its an internet website where anyone can hide behind a monitor and act tough or pretend they know everything. You can even pretend to be some happy old retired UPSer .

13. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I agree. Those guys are tools.

As far as " bro", my dad was in the navy and told stories of women with questionable morals so I guess any things possible.

14. Marne Vet

Cool story bro.

15. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I wish the corollary was true.
    Youtube reported you for posting too many of their videos. :wink2:

16. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Why? I think it's funny....lol. I believe IVE is referring to a post on a thread last night (I don't recall which one) where you made some comment...and he responded by asking when your next grand departure (he may have worded it differently) from BC would be happening. I, too, posted a comment on that subject....and both his and my comments were deleted, I believe.

17. I never report anything. I also get a kick out of older, wiser >10,000 posts wannabe's.

18. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

I agree..can we file grievances in Romper Room??

19. cachsux

cachsux Wah

No grievances but they might hand out spankings!

20. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special