Received Our Stimulus Checks. What Are You Gonna Do?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
My wife is going to give some to her relatives that are struggling during the COVID-19 crisis.
I am giving tips to several of my 'music' friends that are busking online.
I'm up to $600 donated so far.
“So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.'' --- Mathew 6:2

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We received our stimulus checks this morning by direct deposit.

Not sure what we are gonna do with it. Maybe support some local businesses . Also a couple of our children are hurting right now so we will be able to help them out a little until this blows over.
Can’t be with the millions you claim to be worth. lol

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
My wife is going to give some to her relatives that are struggling during the COVID-19 crisis.
I am giving tips to several of my 'music' friends that are busking online.
I'm up to $600 donated so far.
You are doing good and by being a good leader reporting this perhaps others will follow your example.

My parents were always giving money to local charities all year long. If Mom read a story about a hard luck family in need she would write a check. And they were not well off. Very frugal and told us kids "no" all the time.

When I was young I asked her about it because it did not make sense to give money away when we needed it. She tried to explain it. We weren't super religious Catholics but she tried to explain that it was in the Bible.

The only part I really remembered from that talk was that when you give it comes back to you in multiples of 10. You can not give for the sole purpose to get back 10 times what you gave . You have to give with a pure heart and not expect anything in return.

I read about it in the Bible after I was grown. For a long time being the cynical person that I am I did not believe it for the longest time. But as I got older I seen with my own eyes that people who gave freely seemed to have more "luck" and were happier and always seemed to have things work out for them. In not all cases but more times than not.

We lived paycheck to paycheck for the longest time until I was hired by UPS at a late age. But we always gave either our money or time to good causes like Scouts and such. things were good.

After starting work at UPS our financial giving ramped up for good causes, respected national charities , but more often than not local causes . We could see the benefits first hand.

It constantly amazes us how we have been rewarded in multiples because of this. Of course you are doing good and by leading perhaps others here can follow your example.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I don't think you are getting one because you are a trust fund baby with too much income to qualify.

Amirite?
$420.10 and I come from a family of 13.
Mother always said that if we wanted to go out to see a new movie, then we should wait until it was shown on TV.
For some movies , I'm still waiting.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
yep finding myself craving a 68 goat with a six pack
My sister had one like this except it was dark metallic blue.
It had a Hurst shifter and a high speed rear end.
Smokem!
And no, she did not let me drive it unless she was in the passenger seat.
She sold it a week before I turned 16.

5b83119dcaf31_pontiac_gto_1533920066a9281a20d23acff945DSC00069-940x584.jpg