repo man

tarbar66

Me speak a no Engliss..Just keep working so I get my foodstamps and free cellphone....Tanku very much..!!!!!!!!!!!
It must have been 10 years ago I had a RS tag from Dish for a Vietnamese guy who claimed he didn't understand English.
There was a reg temp in our Center who spoke Chinese and Vietnamese. The OMS got our driver to call the guy and the conversation lasted about 10 minutes and the next day I got the RS tag completed. I think the driver and customer became friends.

S

serenity now

Are there any drivers besides me who will do "one and done" on these call tags, telling the consignee where they can bring their returns if they are home and pkg is not ready or leaving the tags between the doors if they are not home?

i'm curious about how you record your "one and done" when you leave a 3-day call tag between the doors on the first attempt?

texan

i already have the coffee, and check out my screen name
cof_zps53306803.jpg

kingOFchester

at that point the package is received into our system and the company that sent out the call tag is charged for the return shipping * see anything wrong with that?

Maybe he is looking at it as job security??

Also, wouldn't this put UPS at risk of a claim? At some point wouldn't Dish ask "where is the package that was picked up"? The tracking number would show the package was picked up with no other scans. Seems as though UPS would be liable.

S

serenity now

Maybe he is looking at it as job security??

more like job insecurity * the package was picked up, but there was never a second scan at the center or the hub * the chain of custody failed while the package was on Dave's truck * where is the package? why was the company charged for return shipping? * lots of questions; no good answers

BCFan

It's actions like good ole Upstate that keeps us Stewards in business defending dishonesty charges....but after all Superdave is impervious to the same standards that apply to the rest of you peons....BC

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Every once in a while, Upstate gives us all a little peek at how not perfect he really is. You can't "one and done" a RS3 call tag. I'm sure you and most everyone else here has taken the DIAD training that distinguishes the difference between RS1 and RS3.

When you d/r a RS3, you tell the customer their package has been picked up. The reality is that it hasn't. It's dishonesty and could cost your job. You're an intelligent guy Dave, but that's a pretty dumb move.

QKRSTKR

I agree. That could be looked at as falsifying delivery records. Dishonesty, cardinal sin. Bye bye!

On another note the empty boxes and call tags aren't always a repo for not paying bills. Some people do actually cancel their dish network service, which in turn dish sends out empty box for their equipment. My dish equipment had a problem and they wanted over $100 to come out and fix "their equipment". I said send a box for your crap. Dish sucks!

barnyard

KTM rider
I have found that when I drop off the empty box, if they are home, I tell them where the nearest drop spot is for it to be picked up. I add that if I come back to get it with a call tag, that they will probably be charged for that. Since I started doing that, I see far fewer dish tags. Well, it worked when I was on the same route for a long time. Now I am just doing the regular guy a favor.

When I go to PU a dish call tag. They are never ready the 1st day, so I tell them to have it ready tomorrow and leave it on the porch. If it is not on the porch, leave a note if you still need the tag. Most of the time, I either pu the 2nd day or 'refused, cust cancelled.'

The only time I leave RS3s is when I am picking up the stop later in the day. If Dave is throwing an RS3 between the door, he should probably start sending out resumes.