Residual pay?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Ziplocked, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Ziplocked

Ziplocked New Member

I was hired on in late-July as a loader. My co-worker at the time, now a part-time supervisor, told me we got a residual check once we got a raise. So basically, a dollar raise would mean a dollar per hour for all hours worked at the previous pay. Is this true?

(I'm not sure what to believe up there yet.)

2. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Yes, that is correct.

3. Ziplocked

Ziplocked New Member

When does that residual check come in? My raise kicked in 2-3 weeks ago.

4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

‚ÄčAnd, here we go again.

5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Ugh.

I hate it when google is broke.

6. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Once all the local supplements are finally passed then a retro check will follow after.

7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Key word there is "All the local supplements". I already hear people complaining that it passed in our local so why don't we get our raise?

8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Basically waiting on Louisville and Philly Air Hub. But good luck with those. Last time I saw, they were both far away from passing.

9. barnyard

Our steward said that he was told not to expect anything until well into January.

10. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

The longer the better

11. Ziplocked

Ziplocked New Member

I looked up "residual pay-UPS" in google before posting and didn't see anything. You must get real tired of UPS related questions on a UPS message board.

Another co-worker of mine said he had never heard of this residual pay, he's worked for UPS for a year and a half. WTH?

12. barnyard

It is really called, "back pay". A person with UPS 1.5 years would not have heard of it because they have not been around during a contract negotiation that went past the contract expiration date.

Peruse the "Union issues" sub forum. Go beyond the 1st page.

13. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Most people call it retro-pay.