right to work law

• Thread starter seasonal helper
  • Start date

PT Car Washer

I have even less respect for the dues paying ones who work off the clock....no excuse for that!
We have the same problem in my building. Drivers coming in an hour early to load their trucks off the clock. While preload manager sends guys home early and have PT sups stack boxes behind the cars. "I'm not working. I am training the guy I sent home a half hour ago".

16tons

Air left on car will get you fired with or without union backing & i wouldnt expect much from the union for someone not paying dues. That being said, in my decades of service I've seen probably 30+ employees fired from UPS. ALL of them were dues paying members.
True, but the steward would have gotten a dues paying member off the hook (in this case).

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
speedy_gonzales.jpg
Right to work ...What?to @##$

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You work in Indiana, which is covered by Central States, in which the union has negotiated a wage that's effectively $15/hour -- 50% more than UPSers earn in other places, including California.

Indiana minimum wage = $7.25, which is what most employers are offering for seasonal employment
UPS driver helping wage = $15, as a derivative of the collective bargaining agreement.

Say you worked 100 hours in December, you'd earn $725 at a non-union job and $1500 at this union job -- more than DOUBLE. And you're upset with the prospect of paying $37.50 back in dues? Seriously?

This exemplifies everything wrong with RTW.

Atomic_Smurf

RTW,Means that you'r totally brainwashed by big business interests.SLAVERY???
Know of anyone that's taken a hit after RTW was passed in their state? I already know the answer but go ahead & try. Then I'd ask if you know anyone whos health insurance has been negitivly impacted by the Democrats ACA legislation? Now who's "brainwashed"?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Know of anyone that's taken a hit after RTW was passed in their state? I already know the answer but go ahead & try. Then I'd ask if you know anyone whos health insurance has been negitivly impacted by the Democrats ACA legislation? Now who's "brainwashed"?
Companies don't relocate to RTW states to pay the same wages and benefits they pay in the northern states.

Atomic_Smurf

Companies don't relocate to RTW states to pay the same wages and benefits they pay in the northern states.
No they often go to Mexico or somwhere overseas. But if a southern RTW state with a lower cost of living can keep the jobs here in America I think that's a win. When you buy American you are usually buying RTW!