Routes going out next Sunday?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Notretiredyet, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

Got a feeling many of us will be. Thoughts? At least it's doubletime w 8hr guarantee in this area. It's sad that it's even being considered, but cant say I'm surprised.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We have a sign up sheet in my center. The pay rate will either be double time and a half or triple time.

$100/hr to work on a Sunday? Yes please.

3. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

center manager mentioned it at Thursday's PCM. He said that he told his bosses he did not think we needed to do it. That said, I think he tossed it out there so that we are not surprised when it is announced next week.

4. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it" (Exodus:20:8-11). I won't be in...

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

7 punches are doubletime, you'll also need to work Saturday to get it. The problem is if you do, you can't reset.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

No way in hell I am doing it for less than double time.

Keep in mind that Christmas is that Thursday so the 60/70 won't be an issue.

7. Pkgcar1988

Pkgcar1988 Active Member

Told us this am that they were taking volunteers for next Sunday and it would be paid straight time since it's the first day of week. If you work the following Friday it would be paid time and a half.

8. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

The 60 starting on Sunday would be correct but the previous weeks time would need a rest, working that Saturday, then Sunday wouldn't allow for said reset. Working Sunday through Christmas week is fine however considering Christmas day would be your reset.

9. Im not working Sunday...Period! force me im calling off. Thats my impasse.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes i dont.

If I'm done shopping ill work Sunday if I can drive the truck with the flames . Ive asked several times but they won't even let me drive it around the hub.

11. My truck has flames,comming from the leaking engine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. VonDutch

VonDutch Bite your tongue, Missy

They called me to make my normal run on this Sunday. Double time all the way.

13. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Any employee who works on the seventh (7th) report shall be paid double (2) the straight time hourly rate for all work performed on that day.

Article 58 Southern Supplement for those blessed to be born in the south.

14. Photog?

15. upsbeernut

I got flames in the morning after some inferno wings the night before

16. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

No mention of us working on Saturday much less Sunday. I'll not be there if they do try to work us on Sunday.

17. Force me in on a Sunday,go ahead make my day. I will shoot for,3 stops an hour,if I hurry.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. upsbeernut

I might go in , cause its looks like I'm 10grand away from being in the 6 figure club which I wanted to make this year without running that early am crap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

The only way I would work Sunday is if they would give me the 26th off. Hello long weekend.

20. upsbeernut

2 stops an hour , lets be realistic 4 u. I think UPS wants a little publicity so it looks like we care about getting it done.