Safety concern, digging through truck per Orion

StopTheAct

First off, i was reading a post, that a fellow worker has passed, possible due to the Heat... sorry to hear that..

My major concern is... its about 200 degrees in the back of this truck and normally our trucks are ran off by Pal order.. but this Orion has us digging through, overloaded random spots in the tuck.... i can deal with the heat, but the past few days on this new system, i felt like i cant handle it... i do stay very hydrated and im not a problem guy..and get :censored2: done. i do see in the near future..but hope not.. there will be a record number of drivers having Heat Exauction due to Orion... i dont think this was accounted for.... and we cant keep bulk head door open, to try and cool things.. but, i bet you see us signing off a paper about Hydration at Pcm.. stay safe my friends

Indecisi0n

If you feel it's a safety concern then don't do it. Or in order to make it safe just open the rear bulkhead door everytime. Remember we don't recongnize numbers.

watdaflock?

It's a cluster flock that upper management didn't think about and will continue to ignore at the cost of drivers.
Hopefully our union will make it an issue.

Overloaded PC's because they cut routes, yet expect drivers to follow Orion. Its leads to excessive time in the back searching for packages. During the extreme hot summer months drivers will begin dropping like flies.

Hopefully our union does the right thing on the next contract.

watdaflock?

i do see in the near future..but hope not.. there will be a record number of drivers having Heat Exauction due to Orion... i dont think this was accounted for.
Maybe management DID think about this! It's there way to get the senior old timers in poor health to (finally) kick the bucket! Think of the $$$ saved!

conspiracy.jpg

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Maybe management DID think about this! It's there way to get the senior old timers in poor health to (finally) kick the bucket! Think of the $$$ saved!

conspiracy.jpg
It's not like UPS has an army of lawyers to fight any possible wrongful death lawsuits.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if next week we get 5 minutes of heat and hydration training with a form to sign just to protect UPS.

But otherwise, it's business as usual.

Protect yourselves my brothers and sister UPS drivers.

No one else will.

StopTheAct

I wouldent knock the old guys, things changed over the years, and its killing them...... and after the 37 years im going to put in... im going to get there too someday.. another 20 to go...

StopTheAct

Upstate guy, how do you think i get a hot meal every day..... its about 200 degrees... come with me one day and i bet you step in the back.. your first reply would be... damn its like 200 degrees back here...

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Water boils at 212.

There is no way the temp in the cargo area gets anywhere near 200 degrees.

I've seen infrared thermometer readings of 140F+ from the cargo area of a package car. On a record breaking day with temperatures in the lower 100's, it's conceivable they could reach 150F+. Not quite 200 degrees but in the same ballpark.

StopTheAct

I've seen infrared thermometer readings of 140F+ from the cargo area of a package car. On a record breaking day with temperatures in the lower 100's, it's conceivable they could reach 150F+. Not quite 200 degrees but in the same ballpark.
U guys..... lol..... all i am trying to say......the first thing you would say when digging... is damn, its like 200 degrees back here

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
200 degrees sounds about right here down south.. if not more.
At 200 degrees your tires would melt. It isn't 200 degrees in your package car. I dare you to get a thermometer and test it.
your first reply would be... damn its like 200 degrees back here...
That's called hyperbole.
Going from 140 to 200 is a huge stretch. That's an over 40% difference. Plus I think you'd agree saying 60 degrees and 0 aren't in the same ball park.

Overpaid Union Thug

First off, i was reading a post, that a fellow worker has passed, possible due to the Heat... sorry to hear that..

My major concern is... its about 200 degrees in the back of this truck and normally our trucks are ran off by Pal order.. but this Orion has us digging through, overloaded random spots in the tuck.... i can deal with the heat, but the past few days on this new system, i felt like i cant handle it... i do stay very hydrated and im not a problem guy..and get :censored2: done. i do see in the near future..but hope not.. there will be a record number of drivers having Heat Exauction due to Orion... i dont think this was accounted for.... and we cant keep bulk head door open, to try and cool things.. but, i bet you see us signing off a paper about Hydration at Pcm.. stay safe my friends
The highest temp I've seen back there is 130. But the humidity bumps the "feel like temp" allot higher. Here in the south you have to look at both temps when checking the weather.

oldngray

nowhere special
130 is a certainty. 150 is very possible in some areas. A little higher is possible but I really doubt it would get above 160-170 max. No way it could get to 200.