Safety or lack of it, should I be concerned?

TheKid

Oh , and on a side note gingerkat . . . if you get hurt doing something unsafe , I can assure you that driver will not ' have your back'. He will tell his boss that he stressed safety but you just did what you want . . . TRUST ME.

UPSGUY72

settling out of court would pay WAY more than 16 working days.... sure get the wife involved, like the court case wouldn't ...

It would never get that far UPS doesn't have any liability unless she notifies them of the problem and it continues... She can't say I was sexually harassed and say it UPS fault but I never told them of the problem. If she went after the driver the drivers lawyer would never settle she never told UPS of any problems she would get dragged through the MUD in court as it would be her word against his....

wayfair

swollen member
It would never get that far UPS doesn't have any liability unless she notifies them of the problem and it continues... She can't say I was sexually harassed and say it UPS fault but I never told them of the problem. If she went after the driver the drivers lawyer would never settle she never told UPS of any problems she would get dragged through the MUD in court as it would be her word against his....

I don't know how many times a person has to tell someone about sexual harassment, but I know here where I live and work, the number is 1...

ask some former sups about it and a former driver that I know personally

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You are right on this. This is something that I'm at fault on. Something I'm dealing with in life, keeping my mouth shut on the bad things. Tomorrow morning seems so close and far at the same time. He'll call me at some point early AM depending on how heavy his trucks looks. Going to do it!

Thank you

I dont normally condone violence, but....

Maybe instead of saying anything, you should just wait until the next time he blatantly grabs your ass and then turn around and drive your knee up into his balls. Real hard. Then continue working as if nothing has happened. You can sort the truck or prerecord some stops while he is curled up in a ball on the ground. Repeat if necessary, although I can gurantee that it wont be.

The beauty of this method is that instead of putting the burden on you to report him....it will put the burden on him to report you. He can either do so, and go through the time and hassle of trying to get you fired, training another helper, and having to deal with the whole "his word against yours" dilemma....or he can keep his mouth shut and learn his lesson with a pair of sore nuts as a reminder of why sexual harassment in the workplace is such a bad idea.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The events in a person's life are that big of deal, to the person who experiences them.

So you apply for a job and get sexually harassed. "It's only seasonal work. Nah, no biggie."
If it really is as big of deal as some of you like to make it out to be, perhaps doing what adults do and address it with your boss instead of asking random people on a forum.

laffter

If it really is as big of deal as some of you like to make it out to be, perhaps doing what adults do and address it with your boss instead of asking random people on a forum.

Yes, because UPS management always makes rational decisions. They are more likely to throw her out on her ass than risk a sexual harassment case.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Have you seen how the "bosses" act? How many have you seen demoted/moved for the same type or worse behavior? I WOULD NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THE ABOVE ADVICE, sorry jb..

gingerkat

I guess this thread has run it's course. As far as a boss goes, I thought he was it as I'm HIS helper. I don't even have a good phone number for HR, just a fax number. I spent the entire day popping anti anxiety med's, so I'm pretty sure I think I know what to do tomorrow.

thanks all

UnconTROLLed

perfection
stock-photo-mature-addicted-woman-drinking-wine-and-pills-99887996.jpg

feeder05

This job is not worth getting hurt, if you feel you are working unsafe tell your driver you will not work usafe and if he does not ablige tell him to suck it. He is not your boss, tell your helper coordinater to possibly give you another driver. If they don't, say "see ya later". This company paid out 1 billion dollars in claims two years ago, yes UPSERS 1 BILLION. So always work safe, no short cuts, its not worth it.