Saturday runs

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bubsdad, May 23, 2009.

1. bubsdad

bubsdad "Hang in there!"

Just wondering how much of this happens at other places. We have runs that are scheduled Tuesday-Saturday. Seems like for about the last year any time one of these guys takes an RO for Saturday they cancel the run and throw the loads on the train. We have plenty of guys on the extra board to cover the run but dispatch cancels them. I talked to dispatch last night and was told there were 6 runs to cover this morning and they cancelled all of them. When I asked the dispatch this morning why they didn't run them I was told, "We're not gonna send guys out to bring empties back". We were only down 2 loads so that means 1 run not 6. Just curious if other hubs/centers are dealing with this.

2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I've found that cutting back on the onion rings and salad on Friday night helps with the Saturday Runs.

3. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Put a cork in it Hoax!:laughing:

4. bubsdad

bubsdad "Hang in there!"

LOL. Don't forget the Budweiser.

5. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Lawl

6. ups1990

ups1990 Well-Known Member

Recipe for a "silent killer."

7. ups1990

ups1990 Well-Known Member

It can also cause you to have the "saturday runs"(if you will).

8. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Dispatch may be giving your work to drivers coming in from other hubs. Happens frequently.

Load origin is kinda like seniority and other rights afforded by the contract.....it gets ignored when it benefits the company.