Saving work for 9.5 retaliation

RIH251

Since Jan. 2014. And your correct...they talked huge game while campaigning. Now....flat. I'm at the biggest barn in the local with 4 months left in our current contract. A lot of people here voted these guys in and now they're all crapping their pants.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Big Bad Wolf

Since Jan. 2014. And your correct...they talked huge game while campaigning. Now....flat. I'm at the biggest barn in the local with 4 months left in our current contract. A lot of people here voted these guys in and now they're all crapping their pants.

Sent using BrownCafe App
So you folks have 2.5 years of heartache and pain. That sucks. I've seen first hand at the irreparable damage that a TDU local can do. I would be angry as hell that they reneged on their promises. Good luck brother or sister.

Where are you pigs now?

Foamer Pyle

No it is triple time after you are on the list, for every minute over 9.5, if you work over 9.5 three days. I only know one guy who has got paid, but I am next.
Have filed that 9.5 grievance many times, and never had a ride afterward. However, my days always plan out over 9.5, so they cannot accuse me of digging my heels in.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Griff

Just skip lunch. That's what a lot in my area do. The company takes out the hour too, so they are working for free.

It's illegal for them to alter a timecard lunch hour. Many managers and sups have been fired for this here.

If the driver puts the hour in the board and skips lunch, he or she is a maroon.

If the driver does NOT put a lunch in the board and skips the lunch period, management should be held responsible for theft and falsifying timecards. One grievance will get one or more people fired.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownTexas

It's illegal for them to alter a timecard lunch hour. Many managers and sups have been fired for this here.

If the driver puts the hour in the board and skips lunch, he or she is a maroon.

If the driver does NOT put a lunch in the board and skips the lunch period, management should be held responsible for theft and falsifying timecards. One grievance will get one or more people fired.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Management usually comes up to us asking to either sign a write up for not taking lunch or sign a piece of paper allowing them to take the hour lunch out of the days pay. I'd take the write up but then again.... There is one guarantee in my day, I will be taking an hour lunch.

I love running routes for drivers that skip their lunch. Usually means someone is doing all my pickups til 5pm and someone else is coming to take businesses off me. Puts a smile on my face every time.

turdbrown

Just skip lunch. That's what a lot in my area do. The company takes out the hour too, so they are working for free.
out here in the west, if u do not take lunch u do get paid for the time you have worked. the union reps encourage everyone to tai their full lunches everyday. You might be able to file a grievance to recoup the lost hrs from them not paying u for not taking lunch. A few years back there was a lawsuit filed because people were not getting paid for their breaks. the employees won and ups had to pay out thousands!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I have had 3 drivers file under this provision. Had them working every Monday and Friday 10+ hours and just under 9.5 the rest of the weak. There really is no penalty though. Just the standard agreement the company will abide by the language. I do think they have reduced the hours they are working though since the grievances. Once they know you wont back down they usually will comply with the contract. If you let them walk on you and the language, they will continue to go farther and farther!

daiku

Has anyone filed a grievance for dispatch controlling your route Monday-Wednesday and then making you work 9.5 days on Thursday and Friday knowing you can't file for the actual violation?View attachment 15051
I'm out in California. They won't allow me to work over 9.5 at all....
Its actually wonderful. I think they figure I can't live without the overtime. For awhile they offered me 8 hours and even under 6 hour days. I took everyone and said thank you. This year I changed centers in the building and told them I was a 9.5 guy three weeks of 9.5 grievances and these guys panic everyday if I'm near 9...,
Our local has dealt with this issue of heavy on Thursday Friday. But in the end our ED was set up so poorly the dispatch sups struggle and fail often early in the week so you are golden by Thursday.
Just this week our early am drivers were told to get off by 9.5 from their early start time......lasted 2 days.
Our safety co chair was told to get off the 9.5 list or quit the co-chair. He quit an snow the mgr is eating crow....