Securing a job past peak season

Colorblind

Hello! I just started as a driver helper on Friday.
I've also been offered work on Pre load.
I'd appreciate advice on which will give me the better chance at a job past peak season.

UPSER1987

Hello! I just started as a driver helper on Friday.
I've also been offered work on Pre load.
I'd appreciate advice on which will give me the better chance at a job past peak season.
Attendance and safety. No matter what anyone says, be compliant in these two areas and you’ll always be in the game.

Colorblind

Attendance and safety. No matter what anyone says, be compliant in these two areas and you’ll always be in the game.
Thank you for the reply. My concern was working pre load possibly jeopardizing my driver helper position. I asked if I could do both but got no response.
I'm big on safety protocol.

UPSER1987

Thank you for the reply. My concern was working pre load possibly jeopardizing my driver helper position. I asked if I could do both but got no response.
I'm big on safety protocol.
No not at all. You just have to be sure you can make that commitment because it becomes a very long day. Preload needs everyone on board/on time and your driver will depending on you as well. Your ability to do that will almost ensure future employment.

There should be a sign up listed posted for insiders interested in working as a helper. I would seek out a preload or center supervisor if you are interested.

Colorblind

No not at all. You just have to be sure you can make that commitment because it becomes a very long day. Preload needs everyone on board/on time and your driver will depending on you as well. Your ability to do that will almost ensure future employment.
Perfect! Thank you!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
IMO you sign for preload and ditch driver helper entirely. Nobody who works indoors is going to be seasonal, they need every body they can get. The west does 70 days without a seasonal period, so you would have seniority in late february/march.

Fun story: One day the old supervisors (all of them got removed/transfered/disappeared because they sucked and deserved it)
put a colorblind person in charge of sorting packages into the colored boxline bins.

Colorblind

IMO you sign for preload and ditch driver helper entirely. Nobody who works indoors is going to be seasonal, they need every body they can get. The west does 70 days without a seasonal period, so you would have seniority in late february/march.
That sounds like good advice. Thank you.

Colorblind

Fun story: One day the old supervisors (all of them got removed/transfered/disappeared because they sucked and deserved it)
put a colorblind person in charge of sorting packages into the colored boxline bins.
That's funny! I don't know if UPS trucks are brown or green.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
If that is an actual picture of you, take it down. You do not want to break your anonymity on this site.

With that being said, heyyy 🙂