Seniority Part Timers Employees Got Screwed Again on Tentative contract!!!

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
It just goes to show most of these people just really want to strike. No rhyme or reason other than ro do it
Those same people will be out of a job. Majority of the PT are under 5 years which are roughly ~120k. Most don’t have long term prospects or they go full time which is my plan.

Thejustice6

So new hires go immediately $21 an hour, an existing employees at $16.20, too? Meaning a jump of $4.80 increased. Seniority Employees get $2.75, it's that equality? Union focused on new hires, and with the possibility of those join the union to get a profit of it. This is not a clear contract, 7.50 an hour increment to the length of the contract. So new hires get what, all those existing employees with 16.20 an hour get what after the first year, they will bump to 21, already. They received bonuses for the last two years on pick season, seniority Part Timers people None! It's this equality?

We Seniority Part Timers Employees, feeling like we working for free all this years, no respect. We skilled employees, getting underpaid, and new hires stepping out unskilled. That's so disrespectful.

This is an insult to our intelligence. There's no Win, Win, Win, Carol!!

This tentative contract sucks again, no equality, only greed, manipulation, and publicity.

I saw unloaders almost passing out on the hub, little fans on their doors, what happens with retirees in this contract? Something is not right. We can't vote Yes, to this crappy contract.
:censored2: this new contract. 5-10 yr part timers got shafted the most!!!! I could be here 9 yrs and I’m only going to be making 50 cent more than someone who started last week!!! :censored2: that!! Vote no!!

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
:censored2: this new contract. 5-10 yr part timers got shafted the most!!!! I could be here 9 yrs and I’m only going to be making 50 cent more than someone who started last week!!! :censored2: that!! Vote no!!
PTers make up a huge portion of the bargaining unit. If they don’t vote it down like they did last time then who is to blame?

Brown Down

You do realize that drivers after 4 years make the exact same as drivers who have been here 35. Your really being petty.

BobJ

You also have 3 weeks of vacation and enough seniority to probably do whatever job you want inside.

Brown Down

You do realize when I started I make $.50/hour less then top rate delivery driver after 90 days?
You do realize that they changed with your generation. Not mine. So I guess we can blame you right? On a more serious note I started when we had to still learn charts, count stops, make moves on our own, etc etc. We still had real skilled positions. Now there really isnt any skill left. So explain to me exactly what sets a 10 year vet apart from a newer guy?

HarryWarden

You do realize that they changed with your generation. Not mine. So I guess we can blame you right? On a more serious note I started when we had to still learn charts, count stops, make moves on our own, etc etc. We still had real skilled positions. Now there really isnt any skill left. So explain to me exactly what sets a 10 year vet apart from a newer guy?
You guys keep blaming his generation for changing it, yet he’s saying the pay difference is wrong and you guys are the ones advocating it lol

HarryWarden

Why do you think the pay difference is wrong?
Because it’s the same work. If you want more money, go full time to get twice the hours. Cheaper part time wages creates less demand for full time positions. You have to work multiple jobs to survive on part time, so why make the hours half AND the wage.

I think it’s more weird why you don’t think it’s wrong. Why it was changed, and originally it was the same pay back in the day.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Feeder Department strongly approves that part of the compensation in this contract are the endless salted tears of crying ass Part Timers.
:rofl::rofl:
Next snowstorm, we'll have the preload come outside and cry while walking around the yard so my Cascadia won't slide while unhooking off the primary
:rofl::rofl:

Brown Down

You guys keep blaming his generation for changing it, yet he’s saying the pay difference is wrong and you guys are the ones advocating it lol
Bud I'm one of the guys who worked at 9 bucks in the early 2000's. Do you think I was making 50 cents less than top rate drivers? Who do you think voted for that to happen? And you clearly didn't read either because he said driver. You do not do the same work as a driver. Period