Sexualized culture

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
image.jpg

I saw this picture and my first reaction is to laugh. Then I think, WTH? Why do people feel the need to sexualize children's characters?

I realize most of you are men and probably a lot of you have daughters. Have you ever tried taking a fully developed 12 year old daughter swimsuit shopping? It's a nightmare and very frustrating. Everything is so sexualized now. And now Ronald McDonald (which I hate by the way. Lol). Are we at the point where nothing is off limits?

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Last edited:
View attachment 32002

I saw this picture and my first reaction is to laugh. Then I think, WTH? Why do people feel the need to sexualize children's characters?

I realize most of you are men and probably a lot of you have daughters. Have you ever tried taking a fully developed 12 year old daughter swimsuit shopping? It's a nightmare and very frustrating. Everything is so sexualized now. And now Ronald McDonald (which I hate by the way. Lol). Are we at the point where nothing is off limits?

Sailboats dream date?

McGee

Bratz-New-Dolls-bratz-35349317-619-640.jpg

Exactly, the first time I saw these, the first thing I thought is 'Why are their eyes so damn big?' and then EEuww, so now you are saying to little girls its okay to wear pumps and makeup ( I realize its different for every parent as to when they allow makeup for their daughters), and dress like you were going out to the club??

Sorry, stepping off the soapbox now, good one op needs!

rod

Retired 22 years
When one of my nieces was in junior high they had a dress up type of dance (jr. prom maybe) and my wife told our niece she would buy her some high-heel shoes to wear. Our nieces Mom put a stop to that. She told my wife that in her day those type of shoes were called friend-me shoes and no way was her daughter going anywhere wearing friend-me shoes.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Bratz-New-Dolls-bratz-35349317-619-640.jpg

Exactly, the first time I saw these, the first thing I thought is 'Why are their eyes so damn big?' and then EEuww, so now you are saying to little girls its okay to wear pumps and makeup ( I realize its different for every parent as to when they allow makeup for their daughters), and dress like you were going out to the club??

Sorry, stepping off the soapbox now, good one op needs!

I recently took my teenaged daughter to a concert. The main act was a female group off the show X-Factor. They, as well as one of the groups before them, did simulated lap dances on chairs. The theater was filled with mostly girls, starting as young as maybe six years old. I was so glad my daughter is her age and knows better. What about those younger more impressionable girls though?
image.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I recently took my teenaged daughter to a concert. The main act was a female group off the show X-Factor. They, as well as one of the groups before them, did simulated lap dances on chairs. The theater was filled with mostly girls, starting as young as maybe six years old. I was so glad my daughter is her age and knows better. What about those younger more impressionable girls though? View attachment 32007

let me know when tickets go on sale again.

McGee

I recently took my teenaged daughter to a concert. The main act was a female group off the show X-Factor. They, as well as one of the groups before them, did simulated lap dances on chairs. The theater was filled with mostly girls, starting as young as maybe six years old. I was so glad my daughter is her age and knows better. What about those younger more impressionable girls though? View attachment 32007

One would HOPE that their parents will nip that in the bud BEFORE they try to imitate that the next time their song comes on the radio or they are just walking in the mall and hear that... smh

Last edited:

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
Yeah it seems to me everything can be 'sexualized' nowadays, with that McDonald pic that's a good example, it's almost for lack of better word "decriminalized" and not off limits to kids like it kinda was when I was that age way back in 80s

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Is that Fifth Harmony?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
View attachment 32002

This is art, and while it's of questionable taste, it is free speech articulated in a different format. Love the french fry pubes.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yeah, well maybe "artists" should be better informed about the 'scaping' of today's culture.

Aren't you all about Free Speech? What if Ronald had been depicted holding an AR15 and saying "Shoot Obama"? You wouldn't have an issue with that "obscenity".

Last edited: