Sheeting as EC instead of Missed

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I just sheet them missed anyways. If they suspend you, just take your valentine out to dinner!

I will do the honest thing and take the warning letter for it. Pursuing discipline would force the company to explain in an open forum why you are being instructed to falsify delivery records.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A couple of other tactics to use if you arent comfortable defying instructions to scan packages as EC:

Send a message to the office with your DIAD--"please clarify that you are instructing me to falsify delivery records by scanning deliverable packages as EC instead of missed."

If you are forced to scan a package as EC when there is no snow, type "false emergency package deliverable" in the remarks column. This might help the customer get the refund on the shipping charges that they are entitled to.

File an Art. 37 grievance. Being instructed by management to lie constitutes coercion and over supervision. Your grievance may not prevail, but at the very least you can shove some wood up managements ass and make it miserable for them when they try to force you to falsify delivery records.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It is their call, if they tell us on the diad to ec what you have to, to get in..............why would I argue. Its cold, I am out of time, they know when they send us out on the catch up side, with more than at Christmas when we had a helper, they set us up to fail. I actually said I would rather stay out and clean it up, and thats what they tell us. Their company, their reputation, their cost, not mine.
I honestly dont care enough to fight them. I am willing to do my best, but I am not arguing when its miserable out, and my roads are never clear til its 40 and sunny for a few days.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A couple of other tactics to use if you arent comfortable defying instructions to scan packages as EC:

Send a message to the office with your DIAD--"please clarify that you are instructing me to falsify delivery records by scanning deliverable packages as EC instead of missed."

If you are forced to scan a package as EC when there is no snow, type "false emergency package deliverable" in the remarks column. This might help the customer get the refund on the shipping charges that they are entitled to.

File an Art. 37 grievance. Being instructed by management to lie constitutes coercion and over supervision. Your grievance may not prevail, but at the very least you can shove some wood up managements ass and make it miserable for them when they try to force you to falsify delivery records.
Therefore the reason these are never displayed to the customers.
The CS agents can see it but no customer facing technology will display.
This goes for delivery and pickup.

some1else

Banned
It is their call, if they tell us on the diad to ec what you have to, to get in..............why would I argue.
I honestly dont care enough to fight them. I am willing to do my best, but I am not arguing when its miserable out, and my roads are never clear til its 40 and sunny for a few days.

You should argue becuase them covering up the missed using EC causes the problems. If all those packages where sheeted missed as they should be someone would be held accountable and something would be fixed. EC hides the problem from customers and upper managment and it looks like there is no overdispatch.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes. Just cause it pisses them off. You also don't get credit towards pension for code 5. Don't want to be here 1 extra day

Are you sure about the pension credit thing? I know we don't get pension credit for overtime hours worked but I'm pretty sure you get pension hours for any time worked up to your 8.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You should argue becuase them covering up the missed using EC causes the problems. If all those packages where sheeted missed as they should be someone would be held accountable and something would be fixed. EC hides the problem from customers and upper managment and it looks like there is no overdispatch.
You cannot beat the man. Its known, they know, atlanta knows. they dont care.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Are you sure about the pension credit thing? I know we don't get pension credit for overtime hours worked but I'm pretty sure you get pension hours for any time worked up to your 8.

Yes, positive. We have a maroon who skips his lunch, flies around so he can leave early. No pension contribution. He will be shocked at 30 yrs. I just smile at him

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, positive. We have a maroon who skips his lunch, flies around so he can leave early. No pension contribution. He will be shocked at 30 yrs. I just smile at him

I don't mean to be argumentative but I think you may be wrong on this one. I believe we are in the same pension fund and I know that we get pension credit for all hours worked up to 8 hours per day. We do not get pension credit for overtime hours worked. It would be unfair to work 7 hours and not get 7 hours of pension credit.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
No. My steward says the same. Also asked BA. We had another who did the same. Left for medical reasons. For 27 yrs. Pension was 1200 a month. Screwed himself