Six Locals Left Fighting It Out

stealstime

The weakest local is local 294 in Albany New York!!!! Gave up our raises for two years and our pension is in shambles! Heard rumors of more concessions to come with this contract. If any info from any members would be great!

Stratocaster

The weakest local is local 294 in Albany New York!!!! Gave up our raises for two years and our pension is in shambles! Heard rumors of more concessions to come with this contract. If any info from any members would be great!

Wow, two years no raise?...that's what you call a give-back. Judging for its Stewards, local 407 gotta be one of the weakest also. We all know they'll be voting yes for the concession contract.

local705

Re: Union Holdout?

Yes, my local always waits for the master TA and then starts their own negotiations. Last time we reached a deal on July 31, which will probably happen again this time.

opie

Re: Union Holdout?

The locals holding out must be having major disagreements on the tentative agreement. There is a chance that some locals will keep the 3 year progression for new FT drivers. I assume that is one of the issues they are still discussing. Negotiations are going to resume tomorrow April 30th.

stink219

My local has 2 officials on the committee. Need I say more? Sold out as usual!!
There are quite a few people in that boat with ya brother..IT SUCKS !!!!
My local has 3. I feel very confident in them. The info I have thus far addresses all the issues I had in the last contract. I can't believe people are complaining that the officers that they voted in are on the negotiating committee. Now I have heard it all!!

bbsam

Staff member
Is it the job of union negotiators to get the best possible deal for its members or to do the best possible job of selling the agreement to the members for the company? Hard to tell around here sometimes.