Skip Level Meetings with MT3

W700

Chargerlou, they have a built in solution to the no lates plan and of course most people don't even know it. If they start you late causing the am sort to go down late the contingency is in place to allow you how ever many minutes late the sort ends, you have that much time attached to the in of the P1 cycle. Every single day for the past several weeks we have started anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes later than the scheduled start time. Our scheduled sort down is 0745. We haven't made an 0745 end ever. most of our sorts end from 0810 to 0825. This morning we had an additional 27 minutes tacked on to the end of the P1 cycle. Management in most cases don't even know about this themselves. Those that do know about it only use it when someone is heavy and needs to drop. This way you are still accountable to hit P1 and SOS even though you are now screwed on SOS.

Guapo

Anyone else here from HOU metro, I left Houa/iaha about 6 years ago but still under them just way south, I heard 3rd hand they're no longer using call notes can anyone verify? send pm please 'cause they keeping pushing our start time up and not giving an hour's notice. I would like to point it out at meeting if metro isn't using call notes anymore...Thanks

Guapo

I'm in Houston metro district and our managing director came to station verifying he was on conference call with this baboon and said basically he wants no lates!! I told him what about safety ? Hiw do u expect us to not have lates while u have us starting later then normal his comment was I'm not telling u to speed hahahah idiots! !

Don't speed, don't run, take 1 hour break, follow dra last directive I heard.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Anyone else here from HOU metro, I left Houa/iaha about 6 years ago but still under them just way south, I heard 3rd hand they're no longer using call notes can anyone verify? send pm please 'cause they keeping pushing our start time up and not giving an hour's notice. I would like to point it out at meeting if metro isn't using call notes anymore...Thanks

They can not change your start time the day of without giving you options, ie. you can choose whether to start regular time and do whatever miscellaneous stuff they ask you to do around the building until pushed up start time, or you can choose to start at pushed up start time. FedEx lost a lawsuit in California over this.
When I worked at a station in the South, we were required to call a recording each morning to find out what time we started that day.... until they found out it was illegal, and started giving us the two choices.

hypo hanna

Chargerlou, they have a built in solution to the no lates plan and of course most people don't even know it. If they start you late causing the am sort to go down late the contingency is in place to allow you how ever many minutes late the sort ends, you have that much time attached to the in of the P1 cycle. Every single day for the past several weeks we have started anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes later than the scheduled start time. Our scheduled sort down is 0745. We haven't made an 0745 end ever. most of our sorts end from 0810 to 0825. This morning we had an additional 27 minutes tacked on to the end of the P1 cycle. Management in most cases don't even know about this themselves. Those that do know about it only use it when someone is heavy and needs to drop. This way you are still accountable to hit P1 and SOS even though you are now screwed on SOS.

They don't tell you there is more time because you might slow down to a sane pace. For customer satisfaction they still need those packages delivered by 10:30. When I was in dispatch, we were specifically told not to tell the drivers there was additional time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They don't tell you there is more time because you might slow down to a sane pace. For customer satisfaction they still need those packages delivered by 10:30. When I was in dispatch, we were specifically told not to tell the drivers there was additional time.

Bingo!! They never tell you when their are national service disruptions either, for fear that you'll either straightline and/or slow down. Please see "Trusting Management".