Smile, You're On Camera

Thebrownblob

Yes, I can read the contract. I also know from experience UPS routinely violates our contract. Maybe that's news to you.
Sure, they violated all the time ,file a grievance. Now I’m still waiting for that proof of the videos you’ve seen……. Maybe they just have them for their personal pleasure?

anonymous23456

I know you feel your privacy is invaded but it is UPS who owns the workspace. I think you should have fun with it. Wear bra over your shirt and do your work as normal. Let them watch and wondering what's the hell is going on. lol

Thebrownblob

He Tiered 3 didn't he
I’m not sure about that, but I do know this new camera system has actually saved a couple drivers jobs in my center. It showed that they were indeed not at fault in an accident with the forward facing camera. The inward facing sensor has basically done nothing as far as discipline. We’ve had them for going on close to two years and at first they tried to push it. It was successfully pushback by myself and the local and they don’t even really talk about any of the infractions anymore.

If people are worried about this sensor being used as a way to target people doing things that the company can go and look at well they’re probably right, but we’ve been doing that for close to 20 years telematics already. if management isn’t physically watching you in person, there’s really not much that can happen. Unless you get some sort of tier 3 accident of course.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
I’m not sure about that, but I do know this new camera system has actually saved a couple drivers jobs in my center. It showed that they were indeed not at fault in an accident with the forward facing camera. The inward facing sensor has basically done nothing as far as discipline. We’ve had them for going on close to two years and at first they tried to push it. It was successfully pushback by myself and the local and they don’t even really talk about any of the infractions anymore.

If people are worried about this sensor being used as a way to target people doing things that the company can go and look at well they’re probably right, but we’ve been doing that for close to 20 years telematics already. if management isn’t physically watching you in person, there’s really not much that can happen. Unless you get some sort of tier 3 accident of course.
Wonder if this was him

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
So you are saying Walt Lytles former Local is a sellout ?

He was an IBT Vice President....
Never said that. Our guy lost his job above the local level.

And if you're a IBT Vice President, that automatically makes you a great guy?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Ha ha !

You can't refuse to represent them. It doesn't say anything about the quality of representation....
I’m ina RTW state and saw several non members get the representation they deserved. These were runner types that thought management was their buddy, and that the union was just there to protect the lazy 🤣

I told everyone they wanted to be addressed as as Brother and Sister by the BA and not by Mr or Mrs.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Sure, they violated all the time ,file a grievance. Now I’m still waiting for that proof of the videos you’ve seen……. Maybe they just have them for their personal pleasure?
From the manufacturer's YouTube page:

Clearly, the sensor, you and the company boast about, takes perfect video of the cab. But sure, UPS spent millions of dollars on these devices only to turn off the inward facing cameras. Otherwise, as you say, they'll be in "big trouble". I'm sure they're quaking in their boots at that.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Clearly, the sensor, you and the company boast about, takes perfect video of the cab. But sure, UPS spent millions of dollars on these devices only to turn off the inward facing cameras. Otherwise, as you say, they'll be in "big trouble". I'm sure they're quaking in their boots at that.

The same language was put in the National Master Freight contract long before UPS.

They've never had a problem.

Thebrownblob

Thank you for posting video I have seen several years ago, once again if you read the contract language, it clearly states that the camera cannot be activated and if it is there will be consequences. Which part of that don’t you understand which part of the fact that they can put these devices in the vehicle don’t you understand, by reading the rest of the contract that states how they can be used?
You still failed to show me when they’ve used these secret videos, they have for discipline?

If you’re disappointed by the rhetoric that the contract negotiations spread, I do understand that because it didn’t seem to be presented in the way that it is written. But we were all given the opportunity to read this language before we voted. These devices are most likely not going anywhere anytime soon, unless the company decides to start using the video camera to record us which would be great because then we could actually have some sort of nationwide action like we almost did a couple couple weeks ago.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The language specifically states if it’s used as a sensor (which it is) they can be there. If someone was fired for something that happened do to lytx information it sounds like you have a weak local. because the contract clearly states they cannot discipline.
I don’t see a bunch of feeder sups even wanting to take the time to deal with something like that unless there was a serious accident.