So long Big Brown!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
All good things must end, and so too has my 35 year career at UPS. Part of me will miss the job, the customers, and most of all the dogs. But the heat, the dust, the heavy irregs, the sore back and the forced stupidity of ORION are now officially a thing of the past. After picking up and delivering close to 4 million packages during my time here, it was a surreal feeling to deliver the final one. Adios!
CDB563A5-6B02-42FD-9F74-28771E98CA89.jpeg
7DE64CC4-931E-4B2E-BD6E-9F1E73A050F7.jpeg
A0C6D8FE-1E4B-4258-80C1-D11C2AA0CDF9.jpeg
98B92464-B64D-4714-8C20-F6D2667EAFAF.jpeg

rod

Retired 22 years
All good things must end, and so too has my 35 year career at UPS. Part of me will miss the job, the customers, and most of all the dogs. But the heat, the dust, the heavy irregs, the sore back and the forced stupidity of ORION are now officially a thing of the past. After picking up and delivering close to 4 million packages during my time here, it was a surreal feeling to deliver the final one. Adios!View attachment 382080View attachment 382081View attachment 382082View attachment 382083
Congratulations. I still remember my last box after 30 years. I was going to ask the customer for it but they were one of the rare ones I didn't know on my route so I thought not. At that point all I could think about was getting back to the barn-punching out and meeting my wife at the local saloon. At least your center did something to acknowledge your leaving. Then again they probably liked you :-)

soberups

Congratulations. I still remember my last box after 30 years. I was going to ask the customer for it but they were one of the rare ones I didn't know on my route so I thought not. At that point all I could think about was getting back to the barn-punching out and meeting my wife at the local saloon. At least your center did something to acknowledge your leaving. Then again they probably liked you :-)
The customer was not home when I DR’d my last stop, but I did pull the PAL label off of the box to keep as a souvenier.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
All good things must end, and so too has my 35 year career at UPS. Part of me will miss the job, the customers, and most of all the dogs. But the heat, the dust, the heavy irregs, the sore back and the forced stupidity of ORION are now officially a thing of the past. After picking up and delivering close to 4 million packages during my time here, it was a surreal feeling to deliver the final one. Adios!View attachment 382080View attachment 382081View attachment 382082View attachment 382083
Congratulations brother, I wish you a long, healthy and happy retirement.

I miss the dogs too…and the morning coffee and muffin with the other old timers. Nothing else.

542thruNthru

Congratulations! Here's to a long and happy retirement! 🍻

soberups

I also have to add this; I have been as guilty as anyone else of complaining about management and the decisions they make, but I was made to feel honored and respected on my last day. Before our start time they provided a cake, bagels and doughnuts and coffee, a nice plaque, and 35 roses to take home to my wife. My center manager gave a nice speech and it was a decent and classy way to send me out the door.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
The customer was not home when I DR’d my last stop, but I did pull the PAL label off of the box to keep as a souvenier.

I took a picture of my last delivery with the woman, package and me. I also took video at the end of the day of myself on the walk out of the building for the last time.

Enjoy these first days of retirement. Let it really sink in you will never have to do it again. When I first retired I would wake up in the morning and just lay in bed and think of what I wouldn’t have to go through at UPS anymore. It always put a smile on my face. My wife was great also, for quite awhile she would look at me and say “guess what?…. You don’t have to go to work today.”

Times when it is hot, cold, wet, snow or after dark you can think how lucky you are to never have to work in it again. Good luck to you and I hope you have many healthy and happy years ahead. 🏆

rod

Retired 22 years
I also have to add this; I have been as guilty as anyone else of complaining about management and the decisions they make, but I was made to feel honored and respected on my last day. Before our start time they provided a cake, bagels and doughnuts and coffee, a nice plaque, and 35 roses to take home to my wife. My center manager gave a nice speech and it was a decent and classy way to send me out the door.
That is the best send off I've ever heard about. Is your wife retired also? The perfect retirement is when you can keep the wife working for a few more years. I wasn't that lucky. As soon as I announced I was going to retire my wife quit her job with the State. :-)

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Congrats and thanks for posting it here. You are one of my favorite members here.

You'll LOVE retirement. Everyday is Saturday.