So many questions.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by rocket man, Apr 19, 2009.

1. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

IF you people would go to union meetings, you would understand whats going on .
  2. Livin the Dream?

Livin the Dream? Disillusioned UPSer

Only one to show up again today?
  3. leastbest

leastbest LeastBest

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
  4. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

Rocket, where you been? And what is happening at Union meetings? If we had more dynamic leaders, and I stress LEADERS, in the Union, there would be more interest. Most BA's seem to be just collecting checks and not willing to fight. Most of us are dog tired after work and not willing or able to fight the good fight for ourselves. You are right, more of us should go to the Union meetings.

So what's happening?
  5. Treegrower

Treegrower Member

The pump don't work 'cause the vandal stole the handle
  6. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

So you don't go to the meetings either? You crack me up with your dyed in the wool blanket statements. LOL
    If they held union meets less than 100 miles away from where I work and live, I might consider going to a few.
  7. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Don't close the barn door after the horse has run off.

<not sure where we're going with this>
  8. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

You can't polish a turd. Huh?
  9. Livin the Dream?

Livin the Dream? Disillusioned UPSer

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

That's no way to talk about your ex.
  11. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

12. atatbl

atatbl Active Member

He was talking about himself.
  13. rod

rod retired and happy

14. bubsdad

bubsdad "Hang in there!"

I hate the Mondays after the union meeting because the calls usually start about 8am and they're all the same. "So what happened at the meeting?" I won't usually say what is on my mind, like "Show up and see what happens" but sometimes I am very tempted. Guys want to complain all the time but won't take the time to show up and voice their complaints in a venue that is just for that. Frustrating.:angry:
  15. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

You should respond, "It was a real clusterf*** this week. Two of the strippers got into a fight, over the best way to ice down the beer kegs, and, we ran out of New York Strip steaks, so a couple of guys had to have Porterhouse".

Guaranteed to improve attendance for next week (and next week only). :wink2:
  16. bubsdad

bubsdad "Hang in there!"

Once again you come through with a very creative suggestion, dizzee. I'll give it a try next month, (if they don't cancel AGAIN)!:thumbsup:
  17. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I go to all the meetings for our center. Good excuse to drink beer with the 8 people that show up. Our general membership meeting for the local are an hour away so I don't go to those.
  18. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

You have center union meetings? I've never seen that happen at my center.
  19. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

The BA puts out food and soft drinks at a local Bowling Center. We have to buy our own beer.
  20. UPSNewbie

UPSNewbie New Member

Local 516, for the center I worked at was 50 miles away when there was local 523 a couple of miles from the center...