Socks and Trucks!

Lead, their tactics are thug like. That is what I am referring to. Try not to take everything so personal. We all know the struggles you have gone through, since you keep reminding us every chance you get. It is your blind loyalty that never ceases to amaze me. The current administration has done nothing to strengthen our Union, nothing! Our membership has reached a record low, decertifications are up, pensions are failing and organizing efforts are pathetic but yet you and others fall right in line. Brother it is time for change and we have some room on the reform bus if you would like to join us? Your brothers and Sisters are suffering, we ask that you stand up to the bullies with us and take over this great Union and make it Powerful again. Together, we can bully the employers not the members.
You are a sky is falling guy. The IBT organized over 50 thousand last year alone. You don't get it.

Irishman Collins

You are a sky is falling guy. The IBT organized over 50 thousand last year alone. You don't get it.
I figured, that would be your response. Here is an idea, why don't you ask the thousands of retired Teamsters who are getting their pensions cut, if the sky is falling? Drink some more Kool-aid brother.

Tell that to the politicians who passed the omnibus in the Gop controlled House & Senate. Then ask them if they voted for those politicians. Ask them if they vote republican. Ask them if they vote pro labor now that they are no longer in the union. I'm betting some vote pro labor but I've witnessed first hand many a retiree who goes republican once they retire. Some have been personal mentors to me that really floored me. I couldn't believe it.

10 point

Tell that to the politicians who passed the omnibus in the Gop controlled House & Senate. Then ask them if they voted for those politicians. Ask them if they vote republican. Ask them if they vote pro labor now that they are no longer in the union. I'm betting some vote pro labor but I've witnessed first hand many a retiree who goes republican once they retire. Some have been personal mentors to me that really floored me. I couldn't believe it.
The omnibus was coauthored by Dems and the GOP.
The Democrats sold us out too.
By the looks of it the CS fund was doomed no matter what. The question was when it was going broke not if.

Irishman Collins

Lead, so you think Hoffa and the boys were proactive years before when they saw the perfect storm coming? They own most of the responsibility of this pension mess. Retirees were increasing and membership was decreasing. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that depending on the stock market to continually bail you out, isn't being proactive. The IBT did virtually nothing to increase membership. In fact, they negotiated a UPS Freight contract and failed to put them in the Central States Pension plan. They knew what has happened was going to happen and they did nothing to increase membership in the fund.

Lead, so you think H and the boys were proactive years before when they saw the perfect storm coming? They own most of the responsibility of this pension mess. Retirees were increasing and membership was decreasing. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that depending on the stock market to continually bail you out, isn't being proactive. The IBT did virtually nothing to increase membership. In fact, they negotiated a UPS Freight contract and failed to put them in the Central States Pension plan. They knew what has happened was going to happen and they did nothing to increase membership in the fund.
I disagree with ya. There are to many factors to regurgitate back and forth with you. You see it one way I see it another. I like Jimmy and Kenny is another brother from another mother. The life that I have from being a Teamster is wonderful. It's hard work and I'm compensated very very well. Ken as the lead negotiator has all of our best interests at heart. What jimmy has done in the GOP war on workers is outstanding. I'll be giving both a bro hug in a couple of months. I support them and will help them. Nothing you can ever say will deter me. I know the truth and I'm more informed than a lot of people.

Now go and cut me to shreds for this post. Have at it.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Ok Wide, post what regulations you think UPS is not following? Let us see how much you know?
Apparently in your mind it's the lap belt. While your at it, the UPS rule is "two hands on the wheel at all times", include in your petition the fact that you must take your hand off the wheel to shift. So we should probably replace all those trucks too. I'm with ya IMC. Start the petition. Or are you gonna be lazy?

Irishman Collins

I disagree with ya. There are to many factors to regurgitate back and forth with you. You see it one way I see it another. I like Jimmy and Kenny is another brother from another mother. The life that I have from being a Teamster is wonderful. It's hard work and I'm compensated very very well. Ken as the lead negotiator has all of our best interests at heart. What jimmy has done in the GOP war on workers is outstanding. I'll be giving both a bro hug in a couple of months. I support them and will help them. Nothing you can ever say will deter me. I know the truth and I'm more informed than a lot of people.

Now go and cut me to shreds for this post. Have at it.
No desire to cut you to shreds. Let's see, Ken brought us a concessinary contract full of give backs at a time when UPS was recoding record profits but yet you think he is a great negotiator? The problem with Ken is that he is sitting on the wrong side of the negotiating table.

10 point

Apparently in your mind it's the lap belt. While your at it, the UPS rule is "two hands on the wheel at all times", include in your petition the fact that you must take your hand off the wheel to shift. So we should probably replace all those trucks too. I'm with ya IMC. Start the petition. Or are you gonna be lazy?
The point about two hands on the wheel is and was addressed during the CDL test drive. " Only removed during shifting, not on a curve" was our mandate in 1991.
It wasn't addressed in your testing? That's pretty much mirrored in package too.

I think we're beating a couple dead horses here.
I've bought my socks for years and if I had a truck without a shoulder strap I'd have to drive slower to find a safe path well ahead.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The point about two hands on the wheel is and was addressed during the CDL test drive. " Only removed during shifting, not on a curve" was our mandate in 1991.
It wasn't addressed in your testing? That's pretty much mirrored in package too.

I've bought my socks for years and if I had a truck without a shoulder strap I'd have to drive slower to find a safe path well ahead.
I'm really not concerned with Collin's gripe. I was just adding nonsense.

No desire to cut you to shreds. Let's see, Ken brought us a concessinary contract full of give backs at a time when UPS was recoding record profits but yet you think he is a great negotiator? The problem with Ken is that he is sitting on the wrong side of the negotiating table.
Being an Armchair quarterback is your problem. You could have moved up the ranks and maybe done something. Instead you are a guy that drops into the Brown Cafe every six month. How many of are you? Have you had the years on earth where you could have made unionism your life's work and actually done something? I'll tell you what. If you are in your fifties and you haven't you are already busted out.

Irishman Collins

10 point, the point here is. Socks are not an expense that would bankrupt our Company. It is just another example of the smallest things that our Union committee cannot achieve. As far as Trucks without the appropriate safety equipment. You would think that this issue would be important for both sides of the table. It would be important to the company to protect themselves from liability. The Union should be protecting their members from harm and are sworn to protect and serve their members. Therefore, this issue should of been easy to negotiate as well. Again, our committee can't even negotiate for the simplest of things. This is the point of my Trucks and Socks thread.