Something that really annoys me on Brown Cafe...

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I would just like to add that I was a member for ears before posting anything on this site. We're it not for the goofiness of NF2, I never would have participated. The main reason was i was a little intimidated from most of you other "senior" members. If anyone's listening then I would be the opposite of what you are suggesting Sober.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
If it bothers me and prevents me from coming here as much as I used to then I suspect it has a similar effect on others who are new to Brown Cafe. If that assumption is incorrect then so be it. I do know that Brown Cafe is the only forum I belong to where this sort of behavior is tolerated.
The Union Forum is a great example this, That entire section is now worthless

Overpaid Union Thug

The Union Forum is a great example this, That entire section is now worthless
Oh yes. You are correct. Especially during local or national elections. The current events forum is crap now too. There is no logical debate. Only talking points and flaming with the disagree button.

But Sober is right on though. I've been here longer than many. Even longer than my join date suggests. And I can honestly say the entire forum (not just the Union and Current Events) is slowly but surely becoming more difficult to participate in. I simply don't have the patience to scroll through the seemingly endless off topic nonsense and arguing. If that was what the thread was meant to be then that's OK. Otherwise....on-topic humor and/or civil on topic debate is fine.

I haven't put anyone on ignore yet. One should not have to put half the forum on ignore to enjoy it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oh yes. You are correct. Especially during local or national elections. The current events forum is crap now too. There is no logical debate. Only talking points and flaming with the disagree button.

But Sober is right on though. I've been here longer than many. Even longer than my join date suggests. And I can honestly say the entire forum (not just the Union and Current Events) is slowly but surely becoming more difficult to participate in. I simply don't have the patience to scroll through the seemingly endless off topic nonsense and arguing. If that was what the thread was meant to be then that's OK. Otherwise....on-topic humor and/or civil on topic debate is fine.

I haven't put anyone on ignore yet. One should not have to put half the forum on ignore to enjoy it.
Nor should one stop themselves from putting annoying posters on ignore if it will help them enjoy their BC experience more. Just sayin.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1459718917.458366.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
As one new member I'll put my two cents in.

I do like the hazing and inside jokes that the older members have, it brings a sense of family to the forum. I honesty find the necroposting to be stupid, I will see a "new thread", click on it, realize what happened, then go back.

As far as thread derailing, it is what it is. Someone can always just quote the OP to give their opinion.
it's about wasting ones time going thru dozens of posts to find something relevant about the threads' topic. most new and old members come here for some important info concerning their careers, union business , and/or retirement and pension questions. they are quickly turned off after the thread is derailed after 3 posts.

there are plenty of threads for fun, insanity, tomfoolery, buffoonery, male humor , wit-isms , juvenile behavior , 3 stooges style slap stick or any other kind of nonsense you can imagine.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The problem is this site has been around for over 17 years now and the same topics gave been regurgitated over and over again....picked over, analyzed, and hashed and rehashed dozens of times...I think people who have been around awhile are just bored. When I started on here posting in 2000 there was a study stream of members joining, sticking around for awhile then leaving... Now you have this core group of 25 members or so that pretty much run this site and anybody new has to deal with them...just my view of things...

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
@soberups , a lot of threads he was "narcoposting" on , or whatever you want to call it, were started by me ,and I welcome his comments , he was not derailing s* ....... Let me tell you something , smart guy , he is most of the reason I still post here , he keeps me, and many others I know here, so basically , he does the opposite of what you are accusing him of, I , as well as most other fluffers I know , it is rare you want to ever make an , as @Brownslave688 would call it , an imaginary person on the internet , a real life, good friend of yours , and I am proud to say he is one of mine, as well as several other "fluffers" that "annoy " you , I feel sorry for you , I hope you find joy in your life one day instead of trying to ruin other peoples happiness , ..................

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I just wish the ignore feature worked on the mobile app. I understand Sober's irritation with some threads. 90% of threads get derailed within 20 posts with
Hi
D*
P*
Waaa
Beer?
Facepalm meme
@whoever???

Luke Thighrocker

Bingo. This is the sort of thing that will discourage new people from participating. And BrownCafe is the only forum I have seen where this sort of behavior is even tolerated.

I agree to a certain degree. As a "new" member myself, I've found the inherit hostility toward new members to be more of a deterrent than necroposts and thread hijacking.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So about 3/4ths of all the posters on top 20 annoy you that much, here's some advice 4 ya son, go find somewhere else to spew your hate
Where did you get the impression that I hated anyone?
Where did you get the impression that 3/4 of the "top 20" annoy me?
I made absolutely no personal comments about any individual. I named no names.
If people choose to believe I was referring to them and choose to get butt hurt, that is on them not me.
I'm just suggesting that we keep the necroposting and the thread hijacking out of the Discussion Forums.
Just a suggestion, nothing more. No hate involved.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I would just like to add that I was a member for ears before posting anything on this site. We're it not for the goofiness of NF2, I never would have participated. The main reason was i was a little intimidated from most of you other "senior" members. If anyone's listening then I would be the opposite of what you are suggesting Sober.
The Geezers are yesterdays news. Newbies are talking over.