Staggered warehouse times

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This doesn't make sense to me... What's the difference in working 5:30-9:30... Or 6:30-10:30... Either way it's still 4 hours.. Same production.. Same people.. Same volume.. Just an hour later for packages to be late and sups losing their minds...

Normally when you start earlier you wrap up at about the same time that you would have had you started a bit later.

AutoZone

BrownPower
So far, no one can explain this either at my hub, or on here.. Pretty entertaining actually with me having a background in management that there is no logical reason behind it for management to set the times the way they do.. I guess the logistics behind the leading logistics company doesn't need to make sense.. But then again this is the same company that implemented ORION.. and all that does is pad the driver's wallets.. Lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So far, no one can explain this either at my hub, or on here.. Pretty entertaining actually with me having a background in management that there is no logical reason behind it for management to set the times the way they do.. I guess the logistics behind the leading logistics company doesn't need to make sense.. But then again this is the same company that implemented ORION.. and all that does is pad the driver's wallets.. Lol

....as a unloader you have had how much experience w/Orion....?

AutoZone

BrownPower
....as a unloader you have had how much experience w/Orion....?
I don't have any experience with it.. But I do have friends that drive... And I do have ears and hear other drivers talking.. Is that OK with you?? Or do you just feel the need to be snarky and talk shyt like every other driver here like you think you're better then the next.. Anyways.. Yes I hear them laugh about how stupid it is.. About how it takes them around in circles to get to a stop they passed 3 times on route that day... Also hear about how they get sent out for 10 next day pick ups so they sit in rush hour traffic for an hour and a half to be given 2 small return slip packages that could of waited till the next time a driver delivered to them... "But hey, I'm laughing all the way to the bank" were his exact words.. I wonder how much money UPS could actually save with "proper" management in place instead of these people that just sign up for the job..

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't have any experience with it.. But I do have friends that drive... And I do have ears and hear other drivers talking.. Is that OK with you?? Or do you just feel the need to be snarky and talk shyt like every other driver here like you think you're better then the next.. Anyways.. Yes I hear them laugh about how stupid it is.. About how it takes them around in circles to get to a stop they passed 3 times on route that day... Also hear about how they get sent out for 10 next day pick ups so they sit in rush hour traffic for an hour and a half to be given 2 small return slip packages that could of waited till the next time a driver delivered to them... "But hey, I'm laughing all the way to the bank" were his exact words.. I wonder how much money UPS could actually save with "proper" management in place instead of these people that just sign up for the job..

I have been Orion for about 6 months. I punch out at the same time as I did before Orion.

You have been on Orion for 0 months and know not of what you speak.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
.. I wonder how much money UPS could actually save with "proper" management in place instead of these people that just sign up for the job..

With your "management experience" pushing parts across the counter, maybe you should go into UPS management.

I'm willing to bet you would straighten the company out by the end of the year.

browner89

Then on top of that, I'm not there for the hours. I'm there for the senoity.. So after finishing the sort at 9:45, I'm sent up to small sort as a punishment since quote, "i have the least amount of senoity on the sort isle" 10:30 rolls around and I ask the FT small sort manager if I can go since I'm not trying to be there all night and she said absolutely not, that I don't get to dictate my hours... Which I get.. But my theory is if I don't need the money, why not let someone who needs the money work for me instead of sending them home and keeping me.. This was hard for her to grasp.. She's like how much senoity do you have? I looked at her and said don't play that :censored2: with me.. I know this game all to well.. Instead of it being a punishment to me, how about you make it a reward for someone with MORE senoity and allow them the hours on the last day of the week, instead of a punishment for someone with less senoity. I told her there's probably 30 people that were sent home that would of loved the extra hour and Half, whereas, id of loved to go home... What's wrong with UPS sups???? I swear they don't have a full brain between all of them...

Rules are rules. You're not above them.

Seniority is a right to work for those with more of it. Not a right to leave.

You ask from the top down if they want to work, if they say no, they're allowed to go home, you will never leave before those with more seniority if they don't want extra work.

Quit it with the "don't play that :censored2:" to your supervisors pretending you know the game, you don't, apparently. You're just going to give them a reason to hope you screw up one time and fire your ass. If you don't like the rules here, go to Fed Ex.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Then on top of that, I'm not there for the hours. I'm there for the senoity.. So after finishing the sort at 9:45, I'm sent up to small sort as a punishment since quote, "i have the least amount of senoity on the sort isle" 10:30 rolls around and I ask the FT small sort manager if I can go since I'm not trying to be there all night and she said absolutely not, that I don't get to dictate my hours... Which I get.. But my theory is if I don't need the money, why not let someone who needs the money work for me instead of sending them home and keeping me.. This was hard for her to grasp.. She's like how much senoity do you have? I looked at her and said don't play that :censored2: with me.. I know this game all to well.. Instead of it being a punishment to me, how about you make it a reward for someone with MORE senoity and allow them the hours on the last day of the week, instead of a punishment for someone with less senoity. I told her there's probably 30 people that were sent home that would of loved the extra hour and Half, whereas, id of loved to go home... What's wrong with UPS sups???? I swear they don't have a full brain between all of them...
Maybe instead of flashing an attitude you keep your mouth shut and work as directed. You think you're the only one who wants to leave early on a Friday night? You're in the union world now. Being at the bottom sucks

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
This is every week... Thursday start time 5:35.. Friday 6:30 or later.. I don't understand there severe drop off.. Years ago I remember as we got closer to peak Friday got to about 6pm.. Not later like now...
Volume drops off as the week progresses on twilight.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
This doesn't make sense to me... What's the difference in working 5:30-9:30... Or 6:30-10:30... Either way it's still 4 hours.. Same production.. Same people.. Same volume.. Just an hour later for packages to be late and sups losing their minds...
Because it doesn't work that way. You're assuming all the volume is there an hour early and there are enough feeders to pull the volume when 930 rolls around.

Take an extended center for instance, which I am in. Our hub is 1:25 minutes away. We have to have our trailers off the door at 7:10 so it gets to the hub in time for the sort. If they moved the sort back an hour I need my trailers off the doors at 6:10. When drivers leave the building at 9:15, that kills my day. I need more drivers on road to do the same amount of work because I need them all back with their pickup volume an hour earlier.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Everyone is explaining it to you clear as day, but you choose to ignore them because you know it all on day 12.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
With your "management experience" pushing parts across the counter, maybe you should go into UPS management.

I'm willing to bet you would straighten the company out by the end of the year.
He's going to be upset when his sup tells him he needs to work Saturday because he was sick on Tuesday.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Quit it with the "don't play that :censored2:" to your supervisors pretending you know the game, you don't, apparently. You're just going to give them a reason to hope you screw up one time and fire your ass. If you don't like the rules here, go to Fed Ex.
He keeps up with the attitude and he'll be gone.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

You have to be the biggest tool at ups. Seriously how are you going to handle being a driver if you're whining about start times and working PT?

What are you going to do when you're bottom of the list driver swinging different routes blind superstar? And before you start being an expert on ORION, make sure you actually use it let alone a DIAD first.

If you're so concerned about the quality of ups management, then take your extensive auto parts management skills and put your letter in big boy. You're bottom of the list PT seniority which means shut up and WAD. Maybe you shouldn't have quit the first time around Mr I know everything about the game at ups. You don't. For example it's called an OCA not a next day pick up.

Management doesn't have to do anything for you at your level. I'm pretty sure you're hired in the seasonal period under the southern supplement so you might not even be a seniority PT employee , so all you should do is show up on time and WAD.

You don't have any time in to dictate the "ups game" to anyone. If anything, poop rolls down hill and you're the lowest to scoop it up rookie.

Don't like it? Quit again. Ups really doesn't need you and guys with your mentality. You won't make it as a driver anyway. So either go into management and implement all your great ideas or just shut up already.