Staggered warehouse times

AutoZone

BrownPower
Don't worry rookie, you won't make your 30 day progression under any on road with a brain.

And if you magically do, you'll be that guy that cuts corners and gets in an accident or injury and gets fired permanently.

But hey keep thinking you're going to be a rockstar at ups and not even read up on how it works.

Like I said, you're such a tool that it's so bad that you make me like Dave's posts in this thread.

That's really bad.
So, I opted to go home early last night, stopped to check out the seniority list, and wouldn't you know, 4 people missing off my sort aisle I verified have been there less then 9 months, and have been driving since November... And still driving... The least amount of seniority was a may 29th 2015 hire.. The oldest was a march hire.. 3 months of driving everyday for less then 9 months sounds like a good deal.. But you know my region and you think it's impossible.. You also think I'm seasonal, which I am not.. So from where I see it, you've been wrong on almost every aspect of the way you think things run in the company... You can now, verifiably, shut the friend up.. Thank you.. Have a Fd up day! :)

PT Car Washer

So, I opted to go home early last night, stopped to check out the seniority list, and wouldn't you know, 4 people missing off my sort aisle I verified have been there less then 9 months, and have been driving since November... And still driving... The least amount of seniority was a may 29th 2015 hire.. The oldest was a march hire.. 3 months of driving everyday for less then 9 months sounds like a good deal.. But you know my region and you think it's impossible.. You also think I'm seasonal, which I am not.. So from where I see it, you've been wrong on almost every aspect of the way you think things run in the company... You can now, verifiably, shut the friend up.. Thank you.. Have a Fd up day! :)
This should be the last week for seasonal drivers. We have still been using a few even though the volume has leveled off. Wait and see if everyone is back next Monday. Not all PTers want to drive seasonal because of the cut in pay and not knowing when or if you will be working.

AutoZone

BrownPower
This should be the last week for seasonal drivers. We have still been using a few even though the volume has leveled off. Wait and see if everyone is back next Monday. Not all PTers want to drive seasonal because of the cut in pay and not knowing when or if you will be working.
I'm sure they'll eventually return inside.. But my point is that :censored2: thinks he knows everything and it'll take 10-15 years to drive.. If guys are driving peak in less then 9 months in, the time frame to get to CD and FT isn't as long as he thinks it is.. Just a sh it talker..

govols019

You smell that?
Just because other people got the opportunity doesn't mean that's how it'll work out for you...we once went 6 years between full time additions.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

I do know one thing. That I'm full time and made over 100k which was better than you did.

I also know that I'll retire before you with a full pension before you.

But didn't you just bash how drivers are idiots and the job is sooooo easy? Yet now you're posting how you'll be one soon?

You're the biggest tool in the world. Seriously don't you have to quit again already? Because you sure as hell couldn't even hack being part time.

Next week let us know how many are driving because all the seasonals including helpers are done after the 15th. But you would know that if you actually read the contract.

But please comeback and tell us how you got promoted to driving this year. Or better, tell us how you'll be a feeder driver too.

You won't. And when you do get your shot, you'll probably get in an accident or not make your 30

PT Car Washer

I'm sure they'll eventually return inside.. But my point is that :censored2: thinks he knows everything and it'll take 10-15 years to drive.. If guys are driving peak in less then 9 months in, the time frame to get to CD and FT isn't as long as he thinks it is.. Just a sh it talker..
The year before we had people with less then 6 months seniority go FT driving. Just about anyone in the building who wanted to drive got the chance. Even guys who most likely should not have qualified did.

AutoZone

BrownPower
I do know one thing. That I'm full time and made over 100k which was better than you did.

I also know that I'll retire before you with a full pension before you.

But didn't you just bash how drivers are idiots and the job is sooooo easy? Yet now you're posting how you'll be one soon?

You're the biggest tool in the world. Seriously don't you have to quit again already? Because you sure as hell couldn't even hack being part time.

Next week let us know how many are driving because all the seasonals including helpers are done after the 15th. But you would know that if you actually read the contract.

But please comeback and tell us how you got promoted to driving this year. Or better, tell us how you'll be a feeder driver too.

You won't. And when you do get your shot, you'll probably get in an accident or not make your 30
Never said drivers are idiots.. I said the job isn't hard.. So however you choose to interoperate it is on you.. The hardest part of the job is meeting time commitments.. The 2nd hardest part is lifting heavy, or lots of packages to upstairs locations.. Again.. Neither of those you need to be a rocket scientist.. Seriously.. You drive a truck, and deliver packages.. And avoid getting into accidents.. Why do you think it's such a huge skill set to be able to do?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Never said drivers are idiots.. I said the job isn't hard.. So however you choose to interoperate it is on you.. The hardest part of the job is meeting time commitments.. The 2nd hardest part is lifting heavy, or lots of packages to upstairs locations.. Again.. Neither of those you need to be a rocket scientist.. Seriously.. You drive a truck, and deliver packages.. And avoid getting into accidents.. Why do you think it's such a huge skill set to be able to do?
For someone who has never done the job, you sure think you know it all.

You really are some inbred :censored2:.

AutoZone

BrownPower
For someone who has never done the job, you sure think you know it all.

You really are some inbred :censored2:.
Lol!!! I know plenty of people that do the job! Amazing how the young guys say it's easy.. And all you old bastard's make it out to be the most difficult thing on this planet.. And then talk all your junk to us on the way up.. Go away.. Don't you have pick ups to make slacker..

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

You really are a funny guy, Jake. You should try open mic night at the comedy club.

What's the big deal about PT workers driving seasonal at peak? Why aren't you questioning the off the street seasonal drivers?

Better stick to peddling parts, Jake. You wouldn't last a week on the street, if you even last long enough to get a chance.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Those are called seasonal drivers.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I thought I knew how the job was before I drove too. I figured how hard is it? You drive from stop to stop, scan the packages, and deliver them. Guess what? It's not as easy as it sounds. You're under a constant time crunch. It doesn't become a cake walk once you get your NDA off, so you can get that out of your head. People drive like idiots all around you because they assume you can stop on a dime.

Being a UPS driver isn't easy. That's why turnover is so high and why drivers are paid so well. They earn their money. You can keep being arrogant and ignoring everything everybody here says. But you're only shooting yourself in the foot when it comes to qualifying. When I did my time I asked FTers all kinds of questions. Certain guys in particular on here especially, helped me tremendously. Just remember, if you don't qualify people like me don't care. There's always someone in line behind you who will bend over backwards to do the job and do it well.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Those are called seasonal drivers.
I'm pretty aware of that... The reason I point out out, is I worked for UPS for 4 1/2 years before.. And their want even a peak/seasonal or Saturday driving job in site... Now people with less then 6 months are being sent to be certified, and getting the chance to drive seasonally.. Shows me the chain has been moving.. It's a good sign is all I'm saying..

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I'm pretty aware of that... The reason I point out out, is I worked for UPS for 4 1/2 years before.. And their want even a peak/seasonal or Saturday driving job in site... Now people with less then 6 months are being sent to be certified, and getting the chance to drive seasonally.. Shows me the chain has been moving.. It's a good sign is all I'm saying..

You've been saying more than that

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

You aren't aware of squat, Jake. When you worked at UPS before, they may not have used seasonals in your area for a number of reasons. Things change. It doesn't mean you will have any better a chance at a FT driving job.

Go push some parts across the counter.

oldngray

nowhere special
46707215.jpg

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Lol!!! I know plenty of people that do the job! Amazing how the young guys say it's easy.. And all you old bastard's make it out to be the most difficult thing on this planet.. And then talk all your junk to us on the way up.. Go away.. Don't you have pick ups to make slacker..
I'm on vacation this week. You see , I get a lot of vacation after 20 plus years princess.

Also I'm only in my early 40s and so if you think that's old, you really are stupid. But coming from a guy who probably won't start FT until later than that, keep being the classy wanna be you are. I mean seriously, you couldn't even an original avatar.

And rookie, when you've been doing it a long time, you learn to work smart. I'm sure you won't be able to do that as you seem very very stupid.

Also I know plenty of people who do a lot of things yet doesn't mean I think I could do what they do. That's a stupid point to make. And if young guys say how easy it is, how come most of them don't qualify and are usually at risk for an accident or injury.
It absolutely does take a certain skill set and personality to do what we do 50-60 /week. You don't have the mindset or the personality. You've proven it here.
It's sad that at your age that the best you're doing is slinging auto parts and wishing you could be a driver when I'm betting you don't have the work ethic or stamina. But you do have the simple minded cockiness. Those guys usually have tier 3 accidents right out the gate.

But hey I'm sure you're going to be just fine when they brick out your car send you blind.

Please come back tell us how you got offered FT soon. Oh wait , with Amazon reducing their volume in 5 years or so I'm sure they'll be plenty of new jobs. Or if you do get in , you'll be laid off when that happens.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Oooh 4 years. Wow you're so amazing. 4 years , well that changes everything. Never mind us "old timers" probably have ups socks older than that.

You really are such an idiot.

Oh and trust me after 20 plus years in "this company ", I know way more than you on how things run. I also know how the game is played. Which you don't because you had to quit before because you're weak.

And pathetic.

Last edited:

By The Book

Oooh 4 years. Wow you're so amazing. 4 years , well that changes everything. Never mind us "old timers" probably have ups socks older than that.

You really are such an idiot.

Oh and trust me after 20 plus years in "this company ", I know way more than you on how things run. I also know how the game is played. Which you don't because you had to quit before because you're weak.

And pathetic.
The way I read his post is he worked 4 1/2 years before. I think this is his second time around. Down, down, down the list I go. Right now I've got him and the new ORS neck and neck in the grammar dept.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Those seasonal hire jobs have nothing to do with staking claim as a regular FT driver with a seniority date.

During peak, nearly any noob can walk in off of the street, pass a physical and drive the truck. That is the chain movement you are seeing and it's not really useful.