Stock

Gone fishin

I read a lot of comments on the fedex financial board. There’s a few comments on the merge , but mostly are just looking at the numbers. If they knew what a disaster fedex was , I wonder if they would invest. It seems to me investors would be more thorough.

zeev

Unless you work at a place you never really know it. Entrenched interests like to create a narrative of success when the reality is the opposite revenue continues to decline and only by burning and slashing are things looked good. KMART refused to upgrade their stores till the long term caught up. Most undervalued stock out there is Tesla.

NC man

Wall Street looks at nbrs of course but cost cutting can only go so deep ,no? Express drivers are not gonna run to ground or become contractors,not many at least. Ones that do will probably say ef it after awhile of delivering future and other heavy crap.
I guess when Joe gives out work permits then Ground will be ok with labor.

bacha29

I read a lot of comments on the fedex financial board. There’s a few comments on the merge , but mostly are just looking at the numbers. If they knew what a disaster fedex was , I wonder if they would invest. It seems to me investors would be more thorough.
A single quarter's worth of earnings does not make a year . And blind cost cutting driven by sheer desperation does not guarantee and more stable and prosperous company in the future.
Given the increased demands that will be placed on contractors it will come down to whether or not contractors in all markets still have enough cheap labor left within their respective markets to meet their future labor needs.
And the horror stories we see and hear almost daily it would appear that contractors in at least some market are reduced to having to take what they can get regardless of character and or work history.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
A single quarter's worth of earnings does not make a year . And blind cost cutting driven by sheer desperation does not guarantee and more stable and prosperous company in the future.
Given the increased demands that will be placed on contractors it will come down to whether or not contractors in all markets still have enough cheap labor left within their respective markets to meet their future labor needs.
And the horror stories we see and hear almost daily it would appear that contractors in at least some market are reduced to having to take what they can get regardless of character and or work history.
No worry, robots are coming.

And when they get here, there will no longer be a need for independent contractors, either.

Gone fishin

It feels like this is a money grab for Fred and the higher ups. Lie to stockholders , he knows ground can’t do express , raise the stock and cash in before investors realize it and the stock plummets. No one half way intelligent believes in this merger

purpder

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 28

FedupExpress

And when they get here, there will no longer be a need for independent contractors, either.

This will tie in with Charles Scwhabs 15 minute cities, can't have couriers driving around causing global warming 🤣

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

It feels like this is a money grab for Fred and the higher ups. Lie to stockholders , he knows ground can’t do express , raise the stock and cash in before investors realize it and the stock plummets. No one half way intelligent believes in this merger
It's like bacha minus all the rambling.

bacha29

Not referring to the wheeled version. The humanoid version is making strides to functionality. Otherwise I’d agree with you.

" Ok robot, here's your job. See that air compressor sitting on the truck? Ok, so it' s says 150lbs but it's actually 190 and yes it says 2 man lift and you are a 1 man lift or should I say 1 bot lift but who's counting? Now you see that shed behind his house? All you have to do is to get it off the truck and pull it up through this muddy yard and put it in the shed. Think you can handle that? You say you can't? Well, the HUMAN you replaced did it. Why can't you? The robots in the movie "I Robot" did that and a whole lot more."

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
" Ok robot, here's your job. See that air compressor sitting on the truck? Ok, so it' s says 150lbs but it's actually 190 and yes it says 2 man lift and you are a 1 man lift or should I say 1 bot lift but who's counting? Now you see that shed behind his house? All you have to do is to get it off the truck and pull it up through this muddy yard and put it in the shed. Think you can handle that? You say you can't? Well, the HUMAN you replaced did it. Why can't you? The robots in the movie "I Robot" did that and a whole lot more."
AI says, “leave it in front of the garage just like the human did!”

Aquaman

It's like bacha minus all the rambling.
I’m genuinely interested in where you think this company is going? All the advertisement this new contract did for UPS is going to have their warehouses full of handlers waiting for six figure driving jobs. FedEx has shown their priority is NOT their company drivers. And is still trying to hire $15/hr handlers, who have zero interest in staying here. There’s the UAW strike going on where they’re demanding 40% increase. And they’re going to get it. Personally I think companies the size of FedEx are not going to be able to stay non-union if they don’t start ponying up some competitive money. And by competitive I mean competing against inflation. This company is having a really really really difficult time letting go of the way they’ve always done business in regards to employees. The days of slowly reducing benefits, and dragging out pay progression are coming to an end for places like FedEx. What do you think? Do you think after this merge shakes out, there will be a leaner, more lucrative company standing? Or is it just going to be the Big Lots of shipping after this lol.