Stock

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Being a well adjusted grown man, is knowing there are people who are less educated, less qualified and less intelligent that can do things at a level you can’t.
I'm well aware of that. I don't pretend that it's skilled labor when they hire people off the street to push a button every so often.

59 Dano

Failed or have a conscience?
Managers who tell you they stepped down because of having a conscience and all that jazz are bullish***ing you.

If you want to be a successful manager, the easiest way to do that is to have your employees have a decent safety record, hit service goals, and show year over year growth in SPH and P/FTE. Maybe a couple of other measures depending on the location. It makes your senior look good and performance is really all anyone cares about. You don't have to lie to your employees to achieve that. You control the controllables and deal with the non-controllables (bad weather, late flight, whatever) as they arise. There are other things that you have to deal with from time to time (peak planning, special events) and you have to work with other teams (engineering, safety, ramp) but that comes with any leadership or management position.

It's not for everyone. Far too many people go into management thinking that all they have to do is make sure the shift is properly staffed and that's all there is to it. People will tell you they quit over conscience issues when they don't want to admit that they couldn't handle the job.

yadig

Managers who tell you they stepped down because of having a conscience and all that jazz are bullish***ing you.

If you want to be a successful manager, the easiest way to do that is to have your employees have a decent safety record, hit service goals, and show year over year growth in SPH and P/FTE. Maybe a couple of other measures depending on the location. It makes your senior look good and performance is really all anyone cares about. You don't have to lie to your employees to achieve that. You control the controllables and deal with the non-controllables (bad weather, late flight, whatever) as they arise. There are other things that you have to deal with from time to time (peak planning, special events) and you have to work with other teams (engineering, safety, ramp) but that comes with any leadership or management position.

It's not for everyone. Far too many people go into management thinking that all they have to do is make sure the shift is properly staffed and that's all there is to it. People will tell you they quit over conscience issues when they don't want to admit that they couldn't handle the job.
😂 You haven’t been to my ramp! There isn’t a single manager with a degree. They should be handlers or at best team leaders on the sort. I’m not being mean, just honest. It wasn’t the case 26 years ago though. The managers that are truck drivers were looking for a pay raise

59 Dano

😂 You haven’t been to my ramp! There isn’t a single manager with a degree. They should be handlers or at best team leaders on the sort. I’m not being mean, just honest. It wasn’t the case 26 years ago though. The managers that are truck drivers were looking for a pay raise
LOL, your ramp is about 30 miles north of me. But yeah, I know nothing about it nor do I know a single person there, even after dealing with it in the scope of this job and when I worked at MQY and (briefly) BNAA.

yadig

LOL, your ramp is about 30 miles north of me. But yeah, I know nothing about it nor do I know a single person there, even after dealing with it in the scope of this job and when I worked at MQY and (briefly) BNAA.
Do you agree how bad it is? I figured you were south of me.. lol

59 Dano

Do you agree how bad it is? I figured you were south of me.. lol
I don't deal directly with your ramp; my focus is regional DGO. The extent that I deal with any ramp is typically in relation to how DGO is affected by one. I don't know exactly what you're referring to with "how bad it is" and whatever my answer is, you'd go into overdrive parsing and ignoring any explanations that you witness personally.

yadig

I don't deal directly with your ramp; my focus is regional DGO. The extent that I deal with any ramp is typically in relation to how DGO is affected by one. I don't know exactly what you're referring to with "how bad it is" and whatever my answer is, you'd go into overdrive parsing and ignoring any explanations that you witness personally.
Have you ever thought about politics?

59 Dano

Have you ever thought about politics?
You ask if I agree with how bad your ramp is. I told you upfront that I don't know what you're talking about (and why), and further, you'd just offer up the usual no matter what I say. When you learn to elaborate and more clearly explain what you're talking about then we can discuss whatever drama you feel exists at your ramp.

yadig

You ask if I agree with how bad your ramp is. I told you upfront that I don't know what you're talking about (and why), and further, you'd just offer up the usual no matter what I say. When you learn to elaborate and more clearly explain what you're talking about then we can discuss whatever drama you feel exists at your ramp.
I thought you were familiar with Nashville. I guess not.

zeev

Merger seems to be in stall, not enough Ground contractors out there who will be there next month, with drivers who are not there next week, except the Express employees to be squeezed harder to match the fast food wages and benefits of Ground.

FedupExpress

Merger seems to be in stall, not enough Ground contractors out there who will be there next month, with drivers who are not there next week, except the Express employees to be squeezed harder to match the fast food wages and benefits of Ground.
I honestly can't see how fedex could ever make anything work, anyone who believes this company will properly execute this merger is clearly asleep.

59 Dano

That makes sense why you think you know everything. When you get older you’ll realize that you have a lot more to learn. The FedEx merger should mature you a little.
I have years of experience in various areas and roles within the company. Don't know why that is such a big deal to you.

HedleyLamarr

They are just waiting till peak is over. Lots of Express stations will be shutting down in 2024.