Strike in Chicago?

reydluap

I just truely believe that all the people that have lost their jobs or work for 1/2 of our wages will understand a Union strikers point of view. All they will see is a 70 to 90 thousand dollar a year job with complete medical benifits in these times! Before you flex your muscles and stick out your chest......you might want to be careful that you are not going to be replaced by cheaper labor (a.k.a scabs...as you call them).

If the autoworkers were not making up to $50 an hour and benifits...the auto industry wouldn't have the overhead they have. Yes, I agree with the point of the big SUV's....they are getting hit from all sides. High Labor cost and an economy gone sour.

Sometimes people can't see the trees because of the forest.

Chnandler Bong

I heard from another driver that 710 has already stated that it will continue negotiations beyond the August 1 deadline and continue working under the current contract. This was second-hand news, so take it for what it's worth. From my perspective this is the correct thing to do. I don't know if 705 is on the same page though.

tieguy

Banned
I don't know where you got the idea of the half priced SUV, wages are only part of the formula. And yes I will always own a pickup, it's hard to haul a load of anything in an SUV, well.....unless it's a load of Tieguy hot air...LOL

I got my SUV and my old chevy pickup truck. Can't imagine doing without either one. :happy-very:

paidslave

I don't know if you're dense or just ignorant but do the math. We had about 20 percent of a normal driver group sent out which means everyone who went out had an area of at least 5 normal driver routes. You also need to go back and do some research it was longer then one week. You should do your homework before you come in here and run your mouth.

Yes TIEGUY, you are a math major. I bet you were still doing 25 stops an hour like expected of hourlys when you break routes out.......

I DID MY HOMEWORK:

..........You just said, your exact quote, "Everyone who went out had an an area of at least 5 normal driver routes"!

So the bet remains you get at least 5 normal driver routes per day!

HOT DOGS AND BEANS ANY DAY you RUN 5 ROUTES...

I am not that desperate!

RUN your arse off pal doing 5 routes for weeks, I DON"T CARE!

And for the lame excuse for gas prises, my route I burn 6 gallons of gas. WHIPPIE it cost UPS an extra $12. UPS raised the rates 5 percent this year and I guarantee that on a minimum day I have on my truck 5k to 10k of paid frieght. Multiply that times .05 and that is $500 a day extra just on my route. In the greater sceme of things $12 for fuel is a very lame excuse!

Lastly, you seem like a computer geek anyway to even pick up a package! Sorry to say........:funny:

worldwide

paidslave posted "I guarantee that on a minimum day I have on my truck 5k to 10k of paid frieght."

On a minimum day, how many packages do you deliver and how many do you pickup?

tieguy

Banned
Yes TIEGUY, you are a math major. I bet you were still doing 25 stops an hour like expected of hourlys when you break routes out.......

I DID MY HOMEWORK:

..........You just said, your exact quote, "Everyone who went out had an an area of at least 5 normal driver routes"!

So the bet remains you get at least 5 normal driver routes per day!

HOT DOGS AND BEANS ANY DAY you RUN 5 ROUTES...

I am not that desperate!

RUN your arse off pal doing 5 routes for weeks, I DON"T CARE!

And for the lame excuse for gas prises, my route I burn 6 gallons of gas. WHIPPIE it cost UPS an extra $12. UPS raised the rates 5 percent this year and I guarantee that on a minimum day I have on my truck 5k to 10k of paid frieght. Multiply that times .05 and that is $500 a day extra just on my route. In the greater sceme of things $12 for fuel is a very lame excuse!

Lastly, you seem like a computer geek anyway to even pick up a package! Sorry to say........:funny:

hot dogs and beans? Is that some type of sick food fetish of yours?

I heard from another driver that 710 has already stated that it will continue negotiations beyond the August 1 deadline and continue working under the current contract. This was second-hand news, so take it for what it's worth. From my perspective this is the correct thing to do. I don't know if 705 is on the same page though.

thats becasue 710 has a no strike clause in the contract, but like the last strike if 705 came to 710 and picketed, 710 wont cross the lines.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Well after the strike vote sunday ups submitted there economic proposal today to the union. Are you ready for this?

Aug 1st 2008 15 Cents
feb 1st 2008 15 cents
aug 1st 2009 and 2010 17 and a half cents
feb 1st 2009 and 2010 17 and a half cents
aug 1st 2011 20 cents
feb 1st 2011 20 cents
aug 1st 2012 25 cents and again on feb 1st with an additional 12 bucks a week paid into the pension per year over the 5 years. While also bringing topout progression upto 4 years, 90 days notice to retire, 36 months for family medical coverage.

Really? Ups and the union had there worse meeting by far today with sparring back and forth across the table. Ups you are down to 3 dates to meet and hammer out this contract before chicago walks out next friday!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Well after the strike vote sunday ups submitted there economic proposal today to the union. Are you ready for this?

Aug 1st 2008 15 Cents
feb 1st 2008 15 cents
aug 1st 2011 20 cents
feb 1st 2011 20 cents
aug 1st 2012 25 cents and again on feb 1st with an additional 12 bucks a week paid into the pension per year over the 5 years. While also bringing topout progression upto 4 years, 90 days notice to retire, 36 months for family medical coverage.

Really? Ups and the union had there worse meeting by far today with sparring back and forth across the table. Ups you are down to 3 dates to meet and hammer out this contract before chicago walks out next friday!

You have got to be kidding. A proposal like that is pretty much saying "go ahead and strike, I double dare ya!" Please tell us that's a joke.

705red

Browncafe Steward
No sir im in the process of receiving the propsal to post it on here. If its a strike they want we will give it to them! Even the people that were bordering today are now calling for blood. Could you imagine what the vote turnout would have been if we had this last week.

drewed

Shankman
No sir im in the process of receiving the propsal to post it on here. If its a strike they want we will give it to them! Even the people that were bordering today are now calling for blood. Could you imagine what the vote turnout would have been if we had this last week.

GASP............................

W

westsideworma

Aug 1st 2008 15 Cents
feb 1st 2008 15 cents
aug 1st 2011 20 cents
feb 1st 2011 20 cents

they should at least give you what the national agreement provides? You guys do the same job that everyone in the national agreement does...why would they think you'd accept any less?