Stupid is as stupid does

i have seen a lot of stupid stuff in the many years i have been here

One guy was caught tossing packages into a dumpster many years ago. Another would bust his arse to get through with the route,then sit out and take a 3 hour lunch. He figured since it planned to a certain time he should stay out that long. this was many years ago as well,before telematics ,GPS etc. he probably would have gotten away with it had he not stopped at the same place every day .

A supe lost his Drivers License due to a DUI but 'forgot' to notify the company. He was running a route one day a few years ago when the driver brought the route back and got stopped at a roadblock. He now drives for FEDEx Ground

I have seen center manager's fired for fudging numbers,usually Payroll.

The usual stupid preload stuff: breaking into packages,slapping different address labels on the package( WAY before PASS/EDD)
The most creative was a female who was caught with items in her Hoo Hah
Was she trying to sneak out a big screen t.v.?:cool-little:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
one fired for taking medication out of parcels just a little way back. But my favorite is an off street hire in the early 90's. ups had to hire females off street to even out disparity, she was using cash cod's as her personal bank and writing checks to cover. one came back ISF, but they called her first and still didnt take care of it. second call was to UPS.
Had a male driver fired 20 some years ago for parking on a hill side over-looking a medical ctr and slapping his pud. He was caught "red" handed.
Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif

Pooter

We just had a new hire get DQ on his first day solo because he "accidentally" left his seatbelt latched on during most of his deliveries.

On road Sup let him deliver until the last ten stops before "checking" in on the situation.

Whoops.....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We just had a new hire get DQ on his first day solo because he "accidentally" left his seatbelt latched on during most of his deliveries.

On road Sup let him deliver until the last ten stops before "checking" in on the situation.

Whoops.....
What an idiot! Do new guys know about telematics?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
30 year feeder driver was fired for taking flowers out of a dumpster that were "destroyed" as "do not RTS."

22.3 worker fired for stealing chocolates. Part time sup was play fighting with him and tapped the box hidden under his clothes and the guy got wicked nervous and freaked out.

Tons of loaders fired for stealing electronics.

Incompatible train driver fired for stealing jewelry. LP had him on video stealing it then the train driver hid the jewelry in building, waited 2 weeks and was fired when he went back to get it.

When I worked inside loading feeders I was moved to different trailer and after I had to move the rollers I found an open cell phone box underneath with no phone in it. I had to tell LP about it or else they would have thought it was me. Previous guy loading the trailer left that night with shiny new jewelry....handcuffs. He admitted to stealing several phones and iphones.

I was in the guard shack going home one night when the guard found a cell phone that an inside employee had stolen and stuffed in his sock. He just sat down on the floor of the shack after getting busted.

Part time sup fired for drug/weapons conviction.

Driver fired for unauthorized passenger (was ups freight employee).

Driver fired for falsifying SDN to a military facility. Got job back.

Driver fired for DRing several cases of automatic weapons to police department. (Got his job back).

LP fired for stealing after he admitted to being able to take whatever he wanted from the building on the weekends when no one else was there. He said that to an hourly drinking buddy next to a hidden camera another LP employee had put up to catch a loader stealing.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

Packmule

Had a guy years ago got fired for making advances to female customers till one complained. He was a married guy so I'm guessing it didn't go over too well at home either. Stupid!