Sunday December 20

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
They told us this morning we will be working Saturday.
Work forced from the bottom up.

I did not volunteer; the last time I volunteered for something, I won a free trip to Vietnam.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were told this morning that we will work Sunday, all residential routes are in. Straight time with Helpers for Sunday, Christmas Eve will be time and a half. I could pull seniority and stay home, but I decided to come in. This is a first.

Future

Victory Ride
We were told this morning that we will work Sunday, all residential routes are in. Straight time with Helpers for Sunday, Christmas Eve will be time and a half. I could pull seniority and stay home, but I decided to come in. This is a first.
Nope "Mandatory" in my area every swing D* must show...Sunday is time and a half....some back door deal...pulled it last year also...but had some serious weather b4 hand

gear-guy

They are begging for us to work on Sunday. One diver out of 60 has signed up. He just got divorced!!!!!!!!!!!! Hire more drivers and this would not have been a problem. Will be enjoying Christmas with my family. Be safe and have fun everyone.

wayfair

swollen member
We're working Sunday. Almost everyone is volunteering for double time.

Sunday won't be a double time day as told this morning. Start of a new week, if you do work Sat, you cannot work Sun because of hours reset. But after 32 hours work for the week, the rest will be time and a half. So if you work Sun and work thru THursday, whenever you hit the 32 hr mark will all be overtime.

Sadly I will not work the weekend as to spend time with family and friends, no price for that except the tequila !!!!

Comeand Takeit

smoking without tires at light speed
First off, NO ONE should work this Sunday. This is a direct result of UPS and their poor planning. Hire more staff and get it done in 5 days. First it was Black Friday, now its the Sunday before Christmas. GIVING AWAY YOUR TIME ONE DAY AT A TIME. HOLD YOUR LOCAL UNION ACCOUNTABLE AND DO NOT WORK ANY SUNDAY! Re-read when confused by the lure of double time and repeat!
:gunsmilie

542thruNthru

I know every local is different. I'm in the west. We are being forced in Sunday. I understand it's straight time because it is the beginning of the work week. The confusion is that some people believe Fridays holiday pay will be at time and a half. I don't believe this is true. Wondering if anyone with some knowledge can help clear this up. Called our BA but he hasn't got back to me.

Thanks for the help.

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
Came down yesterday, Sunday work voluntary, 37 total in center of appr. 120 drivers. bottom up force work after volunteers exhusted. Atlantic area supplement, double time

First time in my 25 yrs
Sucks for those bottom up folks. The reg temps will be paid straight time for this coming Sunday. Only full timers will receive double pay. Just spent an entire day dealing with this exact thing in our center. Reg temps WOULD get time and a half for Sunday work IF they get 40 straight hours M-friend. With Christmas in the way. It's straight time.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The big lie is Christmas eve would be time and half anyways as you'd surely have 40 hours in by Wednesday if you worked 4 days anyways. Management has been spinning this "Oh you'll get OT all day Christmas Eve so it's worth it to do Sunday" crap all this week.

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
The big lie is Christmas eve would be time and half anyways as you'd surely have 40 hours in by Wednesday if you worked 4 days anyways. Management has been spinning this "Oh you'll get OT all day Christmas Eve so it's worth it to do Sunday" crap all this week.
I know here, you only get 8 hours straight time a day, so you can only get 32 hours straight time total this coming week and that's including Christmas Eve.

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
I know every local is different. I'm in the west. We are being forced in Sunday. I understand it's straight time because it is the beginning of the work week. The confusion is that some people believe Fridays holiday pay will be at time and a half. I don't believe this is true. Wondering if anyone with some knowledge can help clear this up. Called our BA but he hasn't got back to me.

Thanks for the help.
Friday's holiday does not count as a 6th punch, and wouldn't be considered at time and a half.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I know here, you only get 8 hours straight time a day, so you can only get 32 hours straight time total this coming week and that's including Christmas Eve.
Imagine if Christmas fell on Saturday, you wouldn't get OT for Saturday nor would you get OT for all day Friday, even though you technically are because you worked more than 40 anyways M-T.