Supervisor Delivering Packages - wtf

BigBeef42

Hey guys,

Last week I finished training for a utility/cover and sat. air driver.

I find out, when I get back into town, im at the bottom of the list and won't even be called in to do Sat. Air let alone Cover Drive.

Anyways, I'm back at work doing my regular job and a buddy of mine comes running up to me flaming Pissed - he tells me the story -

"a supervisor who works in the office during the morning also delivers misloads (and probably more) during the afternoon."

He tells me- "dude you need to grieve it!"

And I agree, however since I'm at the bottom of the list I won't benefit from the grieving process, because if they did call a utility driver to fill in this spot, they'd call one of the dozen people above me on the utility list.

1) Is there a way to grieve this anonymously?

2) what do you guys think?

I told my angry friend to tell this story to the people at the top of the utility list, and not me, because they'd benefit from it.

Sent using Stone and Chisel.

Last edited:

BigBeef42

Who ever grieves the issues is the one who gets paid.

Please explain?

Paid for every time it happens or just once?

What pay rate? Is it top utility rate?

Do u think its worth it?

I Don't want to piss these guys off. I'm trying to go package car next year and would like to not get boned by mgmt

Last edited:

BrownTexas

Even if you do work you can file for it. It's a sup working. Taking hours away from a union employee. Yeah they may frown on you for it but that won't affect your chances at going full time. That is all done by seniority. They can't say," he files grievances so let's keep him part time."

BigBeef42

Even if you do work you can file for it. It's a sup working. Taking hours away from a union employee. Yeah they may frown on you for it but that won't affect your chances at going full time. That is all done by seniority. They can't say," he files grievances so let's keep him part time."

Yes makes sense. I figure it would affect the workload they give me. Here's an extra 20 stops.

thebrownbomber

If management is doing union work, the person that files that is qualified to perform that job is the one that gets paid. As long as no one with more seniority files you get the money!

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigBeef42

Very cool! Thanks dude. I'm heading to my local on monday!

I wish more folks would grow a set when issues rise up. I guess I'll have to do it for everyone.

I've known about him working all week, part time hours.

So can I grieve him working Tuesday through Friday?

Thanks!

Last edited:

OPTION3

Very cool! Thanks dude. I'm heading to my local on monday!

I wish more folks would grow a set and stand up when issues rise up. I guess I'll have to do it for everyone.
And don’t listen to some on here that worry about going to the bottom of the list…….In managements eyes you are already at the bottom….these people would have you believe if you just kiss a little more backside you will be the first called…….BS…..FILE EVERY TIME…watch how quick they call you after they pay a dozen of those Grievances

BigBeef42

And don’t listen to some on here that worry about going to the bottom of the list…….In managements eyes you are already at the bottom….these people would have you believe if you just kiss a little more backside you will be the first called…….BS…..FILE EVERY TIME…watch how quick they call you after they pay a dozen of those Grievances

Hell yeah dude!

I already feel like I'm at the bottom you're completely correct!

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a feeder cover driver who worked nights. His wife ran a daycare in their which made it hard for him to sleep. He was asked to work and told them no---they never called him back.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We had a feeder cover driver who worked nights. His wife ran a daycare in their which made it hard for him to sleep. He was asked to work and told them no---they never called him back.

Didn't you tell us in a previous thread that he was a casual? Big difference between cover and casual.