Tattoos

AmAirDriver

Quick questions. If you have a tattoo on your leg and you wear shorts do you need to have the tattoo covered. I asked my sup todays but he doesn't know ****. Thanks!

Anthonysg0113

Re: Tattoos?

Well, in my district they used to let you wear an ace bandage. Not now though, because the company says it looks like a constant injury. We have to wear pants and or long sleeves here if we have tats. I don't know how it is in your center.

SouthernComfort

I have tats on both shoulders/biceps (qr sleeve). I have been harassed a little about them, but I think it mainly depends on what they are... if you have scary looking tats they will be frowned upon. Both of mine that you can see are fishing collages, since I live in the #1 sport fishing state in the US, its pretty much status quo here to have tats that look like the back of a Guy Harvey shirt. haha

S

serenity now

i would never put graffiti on this splendid temple that God gave me:happy:

Wear pants to work change to shorts later. Wear shorts in at night. If they ever say anything about you changing just say you are cold in the morning.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

Here, if they hired you into driving and you had the tattoos, you don't have to cover them up. If you get them later you do. With all the supervisors here that have neck tattoos I find it hard for them to be too strict with this policy, especially since supervisors typically wear their UPS polo in public before and after work, and any time they leave the building.

BrownArmy

Might just be my area, but tats up here aren't discussed at all.

My tats aren't visible (except for the one on the back of my neck), but drivers in my center have leg and quarter/full sleeve tats visible, never been an issue.

One driver recently got the inside of both forearms tattooed....not a peep.

Again, depends on where you're at.

(When I started this job, I had bad Psoriasis...I wore long pants and long sleeves all summer...my P is clear now, but it was funny back in the day...drivers asking me if I had tats all over my body...I just said Yes!)...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Where I am, you have to cover with pants, no ace or cover up of any type.

​Any sups out there? Make surprise visits on routes. Be sure to bring the camera! Tattoo hunting!