Telematics and peak

satellitedriver

The most common cause of a late start time in our building is the air trailer arriving to the building late. I'm sure things are different at different centers.
That is the sole cause here, besides weather.
Air has shifted the start time from 8:00 to 9:15, over the last 15 years.
Always in 15 minute increments.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Over the past decade there has also been several rounds of what they call "lane enhancements". This is an expanded range of service on ground zones. This couple with ever expanding air services, has caused a change in our start times. As the world gets "smaller", our start times get later. Fortunately they haven't been able to find a way to squeeze any more minutes into a day.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I don't think a comparison of Telematics vs. non-Telematics sites is an apples to apples comparison. An entire management structure has been put in place to drive results in relatively few Telematics sites. There are corporate coordinators, region coordinators, and district coordinators all put in place to focus on and drive improvement in a few targeted sites. In addition, these few sites get extra attention from the region ops manager, region ie manager, district manager, district ops manager, and their division manager. These centers are going to show improvement in the desired numbers or they'll be belittled and slammed without mercy. We'll see the real impact as more sites are implemented. It'll become impossible for the same management structure to micro manage a large number of centers. The same thing happened with PAS, it's the natural progression. I think Telematics is a good system, but a true money saver would be a solution to the systemic misload problem that came with PAS.
............................... please sir,, get into corporate,, high ranking at that, and use your realistic and positive logic to help change this direction we are heading