Terminations in 804 begin: 20 drivers fired Monday

10 point

I'd imagine there are contracts in place between UPS and any state agencies and the contracts can not simply be ended on the spot for any reason. Besides, if those contracts were to end, would that not mean more Teamsters would be put out of work? Cut off your nose to spite your face?

I'm curious as to why the national Teamster leadership is quiet on this issue IF this was a legitimate, approved, sanctioned job action?
But the contracts do expire. Both sides understand the chip in that gamble.
Not even asserting that it would end quickly but of you have leverage now is the time to use it.

804brown

Where is TDU in all of this?

Sent using the conscience of Local 251
TDU was at the press conference and rally today. But the real question is: where is hoffa/hall?? George Miranda, an Intl VP was there BUT NEVER MENTIONED THE INTL OR HOFFA. He spoke on behalf of the 125,000 members of his Joint Council but NOTHING on behalf of the INTL!! Why!! Where is the leadership?? Where is the support?? Where is the solidarity?? Once again Hoffa is no where to be found. SO just because local 804 supported sandy pope that means you stop being the Intl president for the members of local 804?? How petty can he be!! Or is it just about union politics because he and especially hall are threatened by leaders like sylvester and zuckerman so they allow local 804 members to twist in the wind here while he hides in his washington office!! Shame on UPS and Shame on Hoffa/Hall!!

atatbl

TDU was at the press conference and rally today. But the real question is: where is hoffa/hall?? George Miranda, an Intl VP was there BUT NEVER MENTIONED THE INTL OR HOFFA. He spoke on behalf of the 125,000 members of his Joint Council but NOTHING on behalf of the INTL!! Why!! Where is the leadership?? Where is the support?? Where is the solidarity?? Once again Hoffa is no where to be found. SO just because local 804 supported sandy pope that means you stop being the Intl president for the members of local 804?? How petty can he be!! Or is it just about union politics because he and especially hall are threatened by leaders like sylvester and zuckerman so they allow local 804 members to twist in the wind here while he hides in his washington office!! Shame on UPS and Shame on Hoffa/Hall!!

Or, (maybe instead of an ill-conceived conspiracy like the ridiculous ones you are making up) they don't want to back a horse that somehow managed to cut one of its own legs off.

When did every single union member decide that no matter how stupid, ill-advised or wrong any members' actions were, we have to support them? They purposefully broke the contract and engaged in an unauthorized work stoppage (or strike, depending on which lawyer you want to go with). They don't deserve support. The union members that actually handled this correctly deserve support while they pick up the slack for the clowns that walked out. The families of the drivers will suffer due to the drivers' stupidity. That is where support should go. That does not include quitters getting their jobs back, however. You either tough it out or find a new job. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Oh, great, now I get it. You're one of those kids that thinks that intelligence is equal among everyone and that anyone who points out the inaccuracies of that is.... shall I say it..... MEAN!!!! Oh, the horror. lol. Keep going. I know I'm not the only one enjoying this. I've got plenty of messages letting me know. Please click report a few more times, as well. Because you don't understand what's happening doesn't mean other people need to suffer. Either grow up or get off the forums.

I'm not really the type to pick on people for not understanding the words they are using, but please do elaborate on using the lords name in vane. Please. Also, no one cares what you think is needed anywhere, certainly not a public forum. Quit thinking your opinions matter and your life will get a lot easier.

Seriously, you've managed to insult almost every member you've interacted with today. You spout off about how we should be able to disagree but, when folks don't agree with you, you condescend and name call. No hypocrisy there.

You've mentioned several times your tenure here yet, you've been dormant for four years. Makes me wonder what your original user name was as I'm sure I could recall a "character" such as yourself.

Writing inflammatory posts and lyfao at the "jimmies you've rustled" is Troll 101. What else ya got?

Sent using a Potato

Seriously, you've managed to insult almost every member you've interacted with today. You spout off about how we should be able to disagree but, when folks don't agree with you, you condescend and name call. No hypocrisy there.

You've mentioned several times your tenure here yet, you've been dormant for four years. Makes me wonder what your original user name was as I'm sure I could recall a "character" such as yourself.

Writing inflammatory posts and lyfao at the "jimmies you've rustled" is Troll 101. What else ya got?

Sent using a Potato
Dont feed the trollette

10 point

Or, (maybe instead of an ill-conceived conspiracy like the ridiculous ones you are making up) they don't want to back a horse that somehow managed to cut one of its own legs off.

When did every single union member decide that no matter how stupid, ill-advised or wrong any members' actions were, we have to support them? They purposefully broke the contract and engaged in an unauthorized work stoppage (or strike, depending on which lawyer you want to go with). They don't deserve support. The union members that actually handled this correctly deserve support while they pick up the slack for the clowns that walked out. The families of the drivers will suffer due to the drivers' stupidity. That is where support should go. That does not include quitters getting their jobs back, however. You either tough it out or find a new job. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Another 30 day wonder.

10 point

How so? I have been here for 25 years and say fire 'em all.
That's 25 yrs too long for a lot of us who listen to your pompous, vain arrogance as you spinelessly attack the other members that fight for blanket protection and rights for everyone else.

If you were in a sinking ship you'd be the one that takes the elderly lady's lifejacket to save yourself.

This union is strong in spite of people who are sucker fish and bottom feeders that prosper because others did stand up in your place ... and you can judge these drivers who left in outrage and anger? What a joke.

Sent using a Potato
Let it go in one ear and out the other. You are a way smarter/better man that this.

oldngray

nowhere special
Update 4/3: Thursday, a UPS spokesperson informed The Huffington Post that the contract between UPS and the Teamsters includes a no-strike clause. Management at the Maspeth facility, where employees worked, warned the employees as they were leaving that their jobs were at risk, the spokesperson said. The Teamsters did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

It would really help the situation if the IBT would at least make a statement.

10 point

Release the anger. It won't help the situation. Plus it's not worth your frustration.
Oh, I'm not angry at all. Posting is venting and the cussing part was just a joke.
Its better to answer than to allow some stupidity to go unanswered.
But, spineless digs against people already beat down are truly aggravating to others that see that we all make decisions that may turn out with different endings than anticipated.

They are our fellow coworkers, they are dads, husbands, grandfathers and their families are hurting right now.

Who is casting the first stone? Better think twice.

Update 4/3: Thursday, a UPS spokesperson informed The Huffington Post that the contract between UPS and the Teamsters includes a no-strike clause. Management at the Maspeth facility, where employees worked, warned the employees as they were leaving that their jobs were at risk, the spokesperson said. The Teamsters did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

It would really help the situation if the IBT would at least make a statement.
Hoffa cant respond, his mouth Is full....of something....tubular