Terminations in 804 begin: 20 drivers fired Monday

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I don't think you're coming across as enlightened as you think you are.

All you've demonstrated with your ridiculous and altruistic belief system is that had Hitler had more players like you on his team he could have steamrolled his way to power in Germany in months instead of years.

Dracula's thinking: "I know it's wrong, but they are our brothers! Who cares? We must support them. Oh, they're wrong? I know that, I just said that! Support them damn it! I'm an adult with a child's brain!!!!!"

Grow up or get lost. Those of us that care about our families and careers won't need your juvenile support because we will actually have jobs.

Hitler...yeah, spot on with your analogy.

You crack me up. Can't or won't expect a management member to understand the hows or whys of union solidarity, but know this: even with our cracks, we still will find a way to support each other, no matter what our differences, no matter how we conflict, no matter what.

That's why your insults have no traction. It's why you continue to reach lower and lower, stupider and stupider, trying to reach our ham bone. It's why you don't understand. It's why you and your Hitler youth group scratches their head, trying to figure out how we can be so dumb, and still stay together.

So no, we won't grow up, OR get lost. We will still keep standing toe-to-toe with you management flackies, fighting the good fight, to the very end.

Maybe Sandy Springs will stand along with you too....hahaha....loner.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Uh-huh.

Yeah, I was just too embarassed to admit that everyone was sending me PM's telling me to quit while I was behind. I just hate being outclassed by such an astute gent like yourself. I wish I was in your big group, you know, the people I hate so much. The group who don't pick fights and understand simple concepts. Sheep, I think they're called.

It's been fun playing chess, as you play checkers, but friend, I'm afraid our brilliant friendship has runs it's course. I'm no longer getting as much out of this as you are getting of it.

It's kind of like when the neighborhood brat screams at you when you drive by. At first, you say something back. But after awhile, you realize the poor little schmuck is a product of inferior parents and a bad environment, and you just start to feel bad for the poor bastard. So you laugh at his insults now.

You see, that's where I'm at now. I feel sorry for you, but there is nothing left for me to do.

Good luck and remember, it's probably not your fault.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's 25 yrs too long for a lot of us who listen to your pompous, vain arrogance as you spinelessly attack the other members that fight for blanket protection and rights for everyone else.

If you were in a sinking ship you'd be the one that takes the elderly lady's lifejacket to save yourself.

This union is strong in spite of people who are sucker fish and bottom feeders that prosper because others did stand up in your place ... and you can judge these drivers who left in outrage and anger? What a joke.

The only joke are those who would risk their livelihood heeding the advice of a lowly BA.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But Upstate, mistakes aside, you never leave your brothers and sisters out to dry. To do so says everything about you and should remind all of us here to be careful about who you get in a foxhole with.

What would you do about the drivers who took clearly advantage of the situation and rather than go back to work had already gone home for the day after having punched in? Isn't that clearly the definition of job abandonment?

stink219

I

I don't know, and I don't care. TDU doesn't run our union.

We need our leadership to get off their asses and be heard. I don't care if the International has a beef with 804 or not. It's pathetic that local NY politicians are the only ones in a leadership position to make a stand here.

If hall is half the leader you say he is, then NOW is the time to prove it.
But they do run your local.
So Liam can continue to make boneheaded moves at the members expense and Hoffa comes running every time? Does Hoffa come every time a person is terminated? Shouldn't 804 see where this will go before Big Daddy Hoff comes to the rescue? I mean, are they even asking for his help? It's so sad that these drivers have that kind of leadership. The only thing the drivers did wrong was listen to a crackpot.

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

Last edited:

10 point

The only joke are those who would risk their livelihood heeding the advice of a lowly BA.
Lowly BA?
What would you do about the drivers who took clearly advantage of the situation and rather than go back to work had already gone home for the day after having punched in? Isn't that clearly the definition of job abandonment?
What the heck is it to you? Do you have to thrown stones at these guys?
You clearly do NOT understand the while picture of years of harassment in that building that led that many people to WANT to walk out.
Right or wrong, the stage was set and for you to keep dogging people that are already down is inexcusable.
I'm glad you are perfect in every way so you have the right to judge other employees at will.

But they do run your local.
So Liam can continue to make boneheaded moves at the members expense and Hoffa comes running every time? Does Hoffa come every time a person is terminated? Shouldn't 804 see where this will go before Big Daddy Hoff comes to the rescue? I mean, are they even asking for his help? It's so sad that these drivers have that kind of leadership. The only thing the drivers did wrong was listen to a crackpot.

Sent using the conscience of Local 251
Thats what a leader should do.Doesnt matter if 804 supports him or not. Its his job!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am just getting tired of the pity party for those who were dumb enough to put their jobs on the line supporting someone who would most likely have gotten his job back after a 3 day unpaid vacation.

10 point

The employees in that local love that "lowly BA" because he has fought hard for them. He has clout with the members.
You have nothing in comparison to him in the realm of coworker respect. I wouldn't follow someone like you as a BA and I thank God you're not one.
Quit jabbing those families.
One day, it may be your turn to fight for your job and we can't wait to send you Kleenexes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You get PAID by the contract. So let's cut your pay and benefits to nonunion, no contract, FedEx level. That's objective.
Hide behind that.

If you can show me in the contract where it says I can punch in and then participate in an illegal wildcat strike and expect to keep my job I will stop posting on this subject.