Terrible Threads

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sober, I disagree with your statement a bit.
It is human nature to be hurt by personal attacks. It is human nature to be concerned with how we are perceived by others. Human nature is nothing to apologize for.

The challenge...is to adopt the mental discipline to remember the fact that other people's opinions of us are none of our business. Of course it is our business. It is, after all, about us. How we deal with it is the key.

Another thing to remember is that carrying a resentment against another person is like swallowing poison and then waiting for them to die. Most of the time, I find that its a lot easier and better for my own mental health to just accept the fact that they are going to do what they are going to do.
The challenge is to find the mental discipline to remember that other people's opinion of us is JUST that, their opinion. We don't have to REACT to it at all. :peaceful:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Why isn't the person who is causing this held accountable? I didn't start the PM's. I didn't start the credibility crap. Why do I have to work on myself? This guy is in my local. I need the full faith and support of my local union management in a possible future grievance. I would not be surprised, based on his actions here, if he would try some funny business. This is not a typical situation.

whiskey

There is no such thing as a terrible thread. They are all good.
They are like AA meetings. Can't say that i've ever been to a bad AA meeting.

dillweed

Although I still check in daily I rarely see a thread worth posting on anymore. It seems to take less and less time to scroll through and see that there is nothing new, nothing of great interest to anyone but a few. Some people post because they have something to say. Others post because they have to say something. That's where the trouble starts.