The new 10 point commentary

upsmannc

Brown For Today
So I am about to go driving and of course I have been studying the old 10 point. My building is not allowed to send anyone to school so we are doing the driving school at the building with a intergrad instructor. I have been told sometimes you have to know the 10 point word for word. And others you got to know the basic of it. Which is true. Will they fail you for that?

Try using this.
giphy (14).gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So I am about to go driving and of course I have been studying the old 10 point. My building is not allowed to send anyone to school so we are doing the driving school at the building with a intergrad instructor. I have been told sometimes you have to know the 10 point word for word. And others you got to know the basic of it. Which is true. Will they fail you for that?
Yes

bddaddy

1 - one car length..., 2 - two lefts (left right left), 3 - count 1 2 3..., 4 - four to six seconds following distance..., 5 - check mirrors every 5 to 8 seconds, 6 & 7 are the "s"'s -scan steering wheels and stale green lights, 8 - eight to twelve second eye lead time, 9 - look over your left shoulder when pulling away, 10 - eye to eye contact

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
this question comes up 10 times a month....use the search function

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I have been told sometimes you have to know the 10 point word for word. And others you got to know the basic of it. Which is true. Will they fail you for that?

Whats the point of knowing these things word for word when 90% of the people that go to the class don't even know what the friend* the name of the class is.

It's INTEGRAD for FFS.

NOT :censored2: inteRgrad

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I didn't learn the 10 and 5 and all that other BS when I got trained.
Never filled out the DOK or recited it during annual rides.
It isn't a requirement to know that stuff in order to keep your job.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Granted i learned it for class because it was a requirement.

Geez its only a paragraph. Is society that dumbed down they can remember a song but not a few lines for their job.

With that being said....

I did tell every on car that rode with with me me not to bother me with classroom bs while im working.