The rumors are flying

Coldworld

60 months and counting
At least with Biden we know he's losing his mind...but Carol, she seems cognitively with it. She just must be that dumb and terrible at her job.
Every interview, video she makes sounds so doom n gloom, she should be doing the voice over for the class action lawsuit against Gardasil...
"If you or your loved ones where sterilized by Gardisasil..."
Don't forget the military ear plugs fiasco or the camp Lejeune drinking water trick that every lawyer wants you to know about.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
oie_animation.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What a crock
She said that she was flabbergasted to learn that employees here wouldn't recommend brown to their family and friends as a good place to work. She was going to raise that metric because she wasn't happy with it so in her eyes beards were the solution ...not actually making this place a safe decent place to work where you aren't micromanaged to death and treated like a damn packmule every day.

FromOffTheStreets

Saw a video of her and she said giving people the ability to grow a beard was paramount in raising the moral of the place and it didn't cost a dime to implement it.
The only thing that's going to boost moral is "tsp". A couple months a year it seems like they're trying to do it & then it goes away.
People who want 8 hours & a life outside of work should have it.
People who want max overtime should have it.
Moral will always be low if you don't have what you want outside of work. Maybe that's the whole idea.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Especially since Amazon doesn’t do everything we do. They sell things on the website, including through third-party and ship everything themselves they do not do business to business pick ups.. our business model is different.
Read somewhere where fedex is going to have some sort of site like Amazon to sell things...you hear this also??

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Today the video came out with Carol saying the goal is for all inside jobs to automated. Their goal is obviously to have no employees since that means more profit.

I go into work and everyone is saying the Pleasantdale hub is being shut down temporarily for automation. I'm unsure how true this is. It's a pretty big hub in Doraville (basically Atlanta), GA.

I work in a different building nearby and we had 6 part time supervisors and 20 of the lowest seniority part timers let go. We already have half our people temporarily laid off or coming in one day a week to keep benefits. Supposedly the part timers getting let go is so that driver's being laid off can come inside and work. I'm surprised the supervisors lasted this long, we have way too many.

I know stuff like this happens, but I've been with the company for a long time and haven't seen anything like it.
You voted for Biden that's why

Thebrownblob

I fully expect ups to get rid of a lot of employees, she already knows they are going to and are union will still be saying oh we got a historic raise
We did get an historic raise, And a lot of low seniority people who complained that it wasn’t enough will be on the chopping block

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I fully expect ups to get rid of a lot of employees, she already knows they are going to and are union will still be saying oh we got a historic raise
How will ye olde pension be doing with way less contributions going in?

"I think we will see leadership put more of a focus on automation capabilities within sorting facilities," said Donnelly, senior analyst at Third Bridge Group. "That will, over time, insulate them more and more from near-term labor dynamics."

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
How will ye olde pension be doing with way less contributions going in?
I don't know why you guys have faith in are union and them being able to keep are jobs, union can't do anything if ups decides to go automated and close buildings

Thebrownblob

How is she going to automate the 22.3s that sleep in the office?
Honestly, I think what is meant by automation is that a lot of older, smaller centers will close because they can’t be automated. Whether or not those people can travel to the hub, the work goes to is another question some of them will have to go quite far. we’ve had an automated hub for over six years. Tons and tons of employees. Most of them stand around and do nothing lol.