Thought I retired!!!!!

Rain Shield

Retired 9/9/2015, or so I thought. Received my first Pension Check on 10/1/15, so no issues there.

Here is the story. I have been waiting for the remainder 2 weeks of vacation pay for this year, and the additional earned 6 Weeks of vacation pay for next year due to over 156 reports this year. Was told it would take about 30 days after retirement. No big deal.

So, 2 weeks before I retired, which everyone in the department had known the date for over 60 days, I reminded my Manager that I needed to take the exit interview. Even had a Feeder driver witness the conversation. He said no problem. Guess what, it never happened.

Reported to work on the 8th, the day after Labor Day. Supervisor asked what kind of cake I wanted for my last day the 9th. I said the usual is fine. Guess what, no cake. Supervisor said he did not order it in time to be there on the 9th. Asked if I wanted to come in on the 10th to eat cake. Told him not to worry about it. On the 10th, he sent me some photos of the cake via text.

Since my vacation checks have not arrived, I thought to see if I could log into UPSers.com. Guess what, I could. I called the HR lady for the district to find out what is going on. She said I am still in GEMS and am still an employee.

Bottom line, my management team, which is 1000% the worst management team I have ever worked under did not inform local HR to take me out of the system. I wonder how that happened? I guess they were to busy ordering my late cake.

Division HR said I would be out of the system on Monday and that my vacation checks will now take another 4 weeks.

So, as of today, I am still an employee at UPS.

My question, what have the complete imbeciles been coding me for the last 5 weeks as far as attendance?

I should probably file a grievance, since I am still represented by the Teamsters in a right to work state, being I am still an employee.

I sent my BA a text and spoke to my steward who is going to have a meeting with the manager tomorrow. Maybe I should show up and clock in and get paid telling the manager what a complete idiotic imbecile, jerk, greedy, know good for nothing, son of a, looser he is and get paid for it.

I worked for some great managers in the past. I worked for some good managers. I worked for some bad managers, and I worked with the worst Manager and management team on Earth at the end.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most soon to be retirees find out what their retirement date will be and then work backwards from that date, deducting all vacation, personal and sick time, to figure out their last day of work. They then schedule all of that personal time accordingly to make sure that they get paid for it.

You are not entitled to any vacation time for 2016 unless you actually work at least one day in 2016.

Most soon to be retirees find out what their retirement date will be and then work backwards from that date, deducting all vacation, personal and sick time, to figure out their last day of work. They then schedule all of that personal time accordingly to make sure that they get paid for it.

You are not entitled to any vacation time for 2016 unless you actually work at least one day in 2016.
He should get paid for his vacation time he earned it this year.

That's the way it works here.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

He should get paid for his vacation time he earned it this year.

That's the way it works here.
He will get all of his 2015 vacation but won't get anything for 2016 without working at least one day in 2016.
No. He earned his 2016 vacation. At least here if you work till the end of October you get the full 6 weeks. If you leave earlier in the year it's prorated.

pong.gif

LOL

clean hairy

I would guess file a grievance, I believe they are obligated to pay all unused vacation, personal days etc. time by the next pay period, if they don't penalty pay kicks in?
I would also guess it would not hurt anything to just show up one morning and speak to Management and HR both to try and straighten it out.
As well, make a trip to the local to speak with them.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Retired 9/9/2015, or so I thought. Received my first Pension Check on 10/1/15, so no issues there.

Here is the story. I have been waiting for the remainder 2 weeks of vacation pay for this year, and the additional earned 6 Weeks of vacation pay for next year due to over 156 reports this year. Was told it would take about 30 days after retirement. No big deal.

So, 2 weeks before I retired, which everyone in the department had known the date for over 60 days, I reminded my Manager that I needed to take the exit interview. Even had a Feeder driver witness the conversation. He said no problem. Guess what, it never happened.

Reported to work on the 8th, the day after Labor Day. Supervisor asked what kind of cake I wanted for my last day the 9th. I said the usual is fine. Guess what, no cake. Supervisor said he did not order it in time to be there on the 9th. Asked if I wanted to come in on the 10th to eat cake. Told him not to worry about it. On the 10th, he sent me some photos of the cake via text.

Since my vacation checks have not arrived, I thought to see if I could log into UPSers.com. Guess what, I could. I called the HR lady for the district to find out what is going on. She said I am still in GEMS and am still an employee.

Bottom line, my management team, which is 1000% the worst management team I have ever worked under did not inform local HR to take me out of the system. I wonder how that happened? I guess they were to busy ordering my late cake.

Division HR said I would be out of the system on Monday and that my vacation checks will now take another 4 weeks.

So, as of today, I am still an employee at UPS.

My question, what have the complete imbeciles been coding me for the last 5 weeks as far as attendance?

I should probably file a grievance, since I am still represented by the Teamsters in a right to work state, being I am still an employee.

I sent my BA a text and spoke to my steward who is going to have a meeting with the manager tomorrow. Maybe I should show up and clock in and get paid telling the manager what a complete idiotic imbecile, jerk, greedy, know good for nothing, son of a, looser he is and get paid for it.

I worked for some great managers in the past. I worked for some good managers. I worked for some bad managers, and I worked with the worst Manager and management team on Earth at the end.
You're retired ... Quit hating!

Rain Shield

Here, if you have 156 reports in 2015 you qualify for vacation pay upon retirement for year 2016. You have to be on the payroll 1 day in 2016 to qualify for the option week. I am owed 6 weeks vacation pay for 2016 and 2 weeks vacation pay for 2015.

If retired on 1/1/16 I would also be owed the option week.

As far as working back, I was not sure the exact date when I was going to retire this year when we chose our vacations in October of 2014. I knew I would retire sometime after I qualified on 8/1/15, so I chose 2 vacations for the last 2 weeks of November.

Upstate, you seem to know it all, but actually you know nothing. I have seen it on here for years.

We all work under different supplements with different language, but you do not seem to understand that to be fact. If you had any respect you would start every response with the word "Here" or "In my Supplement", but you never do that.

You just tell people they are wrong, when in actuality you are the one that is always wrong, just as in this case.

ski or die

Ski or Die
The bad news - he is still classified as an employee. No call, no show for 3 days. Knowing this company, they will terminate him so he won't be eligible for any vacations. Would not surprise me.

clean hairy

show up tomorrow ready to work?
Then when asked why are you here?
the issue of still being shown as an active retired employee is raised.
Of course dumb and dumber managment might just send him or her out to cover a route.

Last edited:

Johney

Upstate, you seem to know it all, but actually you know nothing. I have seen it on here for years.

We all work under different supplements with different language, but you do not seem to understand that to be fact. If you had any respect you would start every response with the word "Here" or "In my Supplement", but you never do that.

You just tell people they are wrong, when in actuality you are the one that is always wrong, just as in this case.
Can I give a like,agree,winner,beer all at once please?