Time and a half today.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Stink219, Aug 12, 2013.

1. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

So Rhode Island is the only state that still recognizes VJ Day. So today will be a sweet $500.00 day thanks to my local. Sorry to brag.

2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Nice man, although on our holidays we get double time plus 8hrs, not to brag or anything. :)

3. stink219

True. But for an ordinary day to make the extra scratch, I'll take it. But your correct.

4. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

What the hell is a VJ? Anything like a $15 ZJ?

[EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaaaand a quick Google search leaves me feeling like an ass. Carry on, gentlemen, carry on...]

5. stink219

Victory over Japan Day. RI is the last state to recognize it.

6. jibbs

It should be nationally recognized, in my opinion, to the point where when a :censored2: like myself sees the initials on an internet forum he or she knows exactly what it means instead of thinking of Beerfest quotes.

7. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Lot's of historical date's are barely recognized. Pearl Harbor barely gets a column in a paper but they'll jump to tell us what Justin Bieber did in a heartbeat.

8. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

cowbutt.jpg
    Sometimes you feel like an ass, sometimes you don't.:peaceful:
    cowbutt.jpg

9. jibbs

The only historical dates that are recognized by the common man in the United States are the days that get him off of work or gives an excuse to get ridiculously :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ed up.

Big enough pic, bottomups? I couldn't even scroll through that sum bitch, man, had to spin the wheel like 5 times and it seemed like it got stuck on that cow taint every single one of them.

10. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

He spit on a picture of the GIs storming Normandy Beach.

11. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

I think there should be a VS (Victoria Secrets)day and we should all get off.

​pun intended!

12. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

There is. It's called Valentine's Day.

13. quamba 638

quamba 638 Member

I was born on June 6th! My son was on September 11th. I'm on a roll.

14. quamba 638

quamba 638 Member

That reminds me of this dumb B and the Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier. Unbelievable what some people think is humorous and post of Facebook.
    image.jpg

15. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

^ You know, I never saw the WHOLE picture. I only ever saw her 'yelling', I never saw the middle finger.

16. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

That is my anniversary. I already get off.

Again, pun intended.

17. cachsux

cachsux Wah

When did he do that and how does he still have teeth?

18. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Never heard that, but I'm old school, & think when someone is that out of touch, that disrespectful, a good ass kicking would help to bring them back to reality.

19. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

But the more important question is, does she?

20. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

The opinions and actions of those (Beiber and the woman) only matter to those who give weight to them. I personally couldn't care less as to what they think as their opinion has no weight in my eyes. If more people would give less weight to these (and trolls here) you'd start to see a lot less of these attention whores.