Time for something different? Johnson- Weld

newfie

Umm did you read that?

All the author did was turn the facts around to act like the claims weren't true. It's easy to twist words around and get people to believe things when reading comprehension is low.

I don't believe Gary Johnson is perfect but compared to the other two choices he's a no brainer.

yea I did read it . the fact is our leaders tend to overstate their accomplishments when their running for the next job they want.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
yea I did read it . the fact is our leaders tend to overstate their accomplishments when their running for the next job they want.
The fact also people tend to overstate their "facts" for them.

Left office with a balanced budget. Does not mean every year it was balanced. Only that when he left it was balanced.

Limited annual budget increases to 5%. Key word ANNUAL.

The author failed to dispel any of the claims.

newfie

The fact also people tend to overstate their "facts" for them.

Left office with a balanced budget. Does not mean every year it was balanced. Only that when he left it was balanced.

Limited annual budget increases to 5%. Key word ANNUAL.

The author failed to dispel any of the claims.

you're trying a little too hard to defend this guy by discrediting this source.

the article shows any governor can spin his accomplishments and someone else can spin it a different way.

if you think this guy is some kind of economic genius that can fix this country then make your case.

but 20000 jobs created in a small state like New Mexico is hardly some kind of miracle accomplishment.

if you know anything about state governments you know most governors can make many of the same claims to success made by Gary.

tell me what makes him unique, tell us what innovation of his can be applied and successful on a national level.

Brownslave688

you're trying a little too hard to defend this guy by discrediting this source.

the article shows any governor can spin his accomplishments and someone else can spin it a different way.

if you think this guy is some kind of economic genius that can fix this country then make your case.

but 20000 jobs created in a small state like New Mexico is hardly some kind of miracle accomplishment.

if you know anything about state governments you know most governors can make many of the same claims to success made by Gary.

tell me what makes him unique, tell us what innovation of his can be applied and successful on a national level.
I'm not TRYING to discredit anyone. Whoever wrote the article did that by themselves.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How do you explain his huge job creation as a governor then?

How do we know that Libertarianism created those jobs? You are attributing job creation to his political philosophy when many other factors (including an improving overall economy) could have caused it.

Back to school for you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Umm did you read that?

All the author did was turn the facts around to act like the claims weren't true. It's easy to twist words around and get people to believe things when reading comprehension is low.

I don't believe Gary Johnson is perfect but compared to the other two choices he's a no brainer.

Right. He has no brain, as demonstrated by his foreign policy blunder. Just being a Libertarian is cause enough for concern.

Brownslave688

How do we know that Libertarianism created those jobs? You are attributing job creation to his political philosophy when many other factors (including an improving overall economy) could have caused it.

Back to school for you.
No one can ever PROVE without a doubt any politicians policies work.

He's on the record himself as saying hey this may not work but it's what I believe.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
By privatizing schools and prisons, along with a decent economy, nationwide. Also figure in that NM had nowhere to go, but up.

Nothing problematic about privatizing schools or prisons, is there? Libertarians believe everything should be for profit, which is not logical. Mr. Johnson stepped on his big time with the Syrian question.

There's a good reason why Libertarians only get 7 to 8 percent of the vote every year. It's a dumb set of ideas.

Sportello

Yeah, Hillary has more Integrity than Gary and has a great track record of doing absolutely nothing.:laugh:
@tonyexpress, I am by no means a fan of Clinton, but I don't see Johnson as a viable, or attractive candidate.

I love how everyone was saying they wanted better options. Suddenly one comes along and because he doesn't fit the two party system the other two are suddenly flawless.

Perhaps about 90% of voters don't see Johnson as a better option?