Time on paystub/check not corrected

nj2015

I keep track of my hours very carefully. I even take pics of the computer screen (my shop steward told me to do this, so spare me the "no pics in ups" stuff) when I punch out each day.

The start times listed are usually wrong. For example, start time is 4:15 (I punch in at 4:13) but the start time listed in the system is 4:50 or something. This is common. Usually it's corrected without incident by the supervisors at the end of each week.

But the last two weeks, they have not corrected the times for me, thus not paying me for the time I actually worked and have documented proof that I worked. I did print out the correct times and hours totals for each day and gave the documents to my supervisor. They had that documentation *last Tuesday*, but in today's paystub online, the missing time was not added to this week's paycheck.

Should I keep waiting? Should I give them another round of copies of the documentation and assume they just forgot?

Is there a penalty for not correcting the hours and paying me by the first paycheck following notification of the mistake?

Thanks.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Get with a union steward and your FT supervisor, now you have a witness. Then file the grievance in a timely manner. If you have a payroll error, and you inform management, they have to pay you by green check (over $x amount) or the next paycheck. It sounds like a smaller amount, so it'd probably be an adjustment in the following week check. You have one week to file a grievance from when the shortage was not fixed... best you don't delay.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I keep track of my hours very carefully. I even take pics of the computer screen (my shop steward told me to do this, so spare me the "no pics in ups" stuff) when I punch out each day.

The start times listed are usually wrong. For example, start time is 4:15 (I punch in at 4:13) but the start time listed in the system is 4:50 or something. This is common. Usually it's corrected without incident by the supervisors at the end of each week.

But the last two weeks, they have not corrected the times for me, thus not paying me for the time I actually worked and have documented proof that I worked. I did print out the correct times and hours totals for each day and gave the documents to my supervisor. They had that documentation *last Tuesday*, but in today's paystub online, the missing time was not added to this week's paycheck.

Should I keep waiting? Should I give them another round of copies of the documentation and assume they just forgot?

Is there a penalty for not correcting the hours and paying me by the first paycheck following notification of the mistake?

Thanks.
Article 17 of the master deals with this

nj2015

Why would he want to bother a steward and a sup with all that nonsense when obviously all the answers and fixes are right here on the internet???
I asked this question here during the day. I'm preload. I checked the paystub online when I got to my day job. Should I have called the steward and sup at their homes and told them to go back to work so we could discuss this immediately? Obviously not. I waited until the next day's shift but also wanted to get thoughts on the matter from others here who may have had similar experiences.

Glad you offer snarky comments before knowing what you're talking about. Real good look, keep it up.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
@nj2015 : A few quick thoughts:
  • IIRC, Tuesday is too late to get a payroll adjustment on next week's check. The cutoff is Monday, during normal business hours, so a Twilight employee would have to come in early to get any corrections made.
  • Make sure you're not confusing 'clock' time (hours & minutes) and 'click' time (hours & tenths/hundredths of hours).
  • As Turdferguson said, Article 17 ("PAID FOR TIME") deals with pay shortages and how long the company has to correct it. There is a threshold amount ($20 for part-timers) requiring quicker payment, and the penalty amount if needed.

Cementups

Box Monkey
@nj2015, yes, you contact your steward ASAP, I don't care where he is. He would not rush back to handle it but would certainly take care of it as soon as he back in the building.

In my 23 years at UPS I have never once asked the internet how I should rectify a situation at UPS. I contacted my steward or BA.....instantly.
Like tonight, when I got in and got my pay stub for last week and notice they didn't pay me for July 4th holiday. So instead of asking the internet, I found a steward on one of the belts (I'm a driver and none of my stewards were around) and asked him about it to which he kindly reminded me that I didn't work enough days prior to the holiday to get holiday pay since I was off for 6 weeks after having my gall bladder taken out. Problem solved and the internet never had to be bothered with my problem.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because they can and they know who is too scared to file and/or go to the Dept. of Labor.

I was asked to go back out last night and help a newbie by running off 20 stops. I had already punched out so was given a 2nd DIAD. Took me almost 1.5 hours. Checked time card viewer this morning and saw that they had not merged the DIADs. Printed it out, gave it to my on-car and he took care of it.

Turns out our OMS decided to screw things up on her last night as there were at least 5 time cards that were not right.