Tip

PT Car Washer

21btaj7.jpg
I agree but at least the side of your truck does not say "Rent me $19.95 a day".

UPSJedi2112

I blast Rush in my truck.
Helper is gettin $75 tomorrow. Just got the loader like two months ago, she's not very good so nothin for her. Used to take care of my mechanic. He was fantastic, but bid onto days, so he doesn't work on my car anymore. New mechanic is lousy. $0 for him. Gave the dude who delivers to the house $50.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So do our helpers but some are limited to just a few hours a day.
Yes. This is when I tell management to piss off. 4 hours a day min is what I'm
Keeping my helper for. Plus their numbers make no sense. Week after thanksgiving I have 170 stops and get approved for 1.5 helper hours. Yesterday have 110 stops and am approved for 5.5 helper hours.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I give my loader between 50 and 100. This yr, 50, not anything wrong, just not feeling the love......My helper is awesome, I might tip him. But I also allow him to set his hours, as he also has been working 15 hr days btwn preload and helping. Used to buy my mechanic a case of Miller, new one, dont know what he likes...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
They make $15 an hour here. Not terrible really.
Ours are like a buck over minimum wage.

some are limited to just a few hours a day.
They always try to put silly limits on helpers. We drivers use our discretion and keep them as long as we need them to get it done. I had a couple drivers express their frustration about getting low helper hours. I asked them why they were worrying about their silly computer generated projections and suggested they both just use them as they saw fit. Both came up to me a few days later and were like "you were right--I stopped caring about the helper hours, management hasn't said a word and we get done hours earlier now."

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes. This is when I tell management to piss off. 4 hours a day min is what I'm
Keeping my helper for. Plus their numbers make no sense. Week after thanksgiving I have 170 stops and get approved for 1.5 helper hours. Yesterday have 110 stops and am approved for 5.5 helper hours.
Yes the helper hours, I have no clue who figures them. I go out all year, with 125, suddenly I need a helper for 140 for 5.5? The whole mess stinks. And makes no sense. We had 3 shots of late air, my boards dont communicate and however someone scanned them, they are no where close to where they need to be in my board. I was constantly scanning through 2 boards trying to find stops I had, plus trying to find my 8000 shelf which was in someone elses truck, in one of my boards but not the other, who had to meet me, so he could scan his pkgs and know how to deliver them, chaos. Oh well its almost over, I got a bottle I got ice, and I got mixer for a gift. Well played.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ours are like a buck over minimum wage.

They always try to put silly limits on helpers. We drivers use our discretion and keep them as long as we need them to get it done. I had a couple drivers express their frustration about getting low helper hours. I asked them why they were worrying about their silly computer generated projections and suggested they both just use them as they saw fit. Both came up to me a few days later and were like "you were right--I stopped caring about the helper hours, management hasn't said a word and we get done hours earlier now."
Everyone told me, keep him as long as you need him, through pickups whatever. But I said I was told....I use mine til I can get in, but he was beat today, 10 on preload, and 6 with me, thats alot.

mjjlohn

Wow, that's really generous. I hope you did well in tips this year. That tote/bungy system...did you come up with that or did the loader?
The totes/rope is the culmination of 2 'lunches' in the parking lot of Home Depot, and about 20 dollars in rope. Comfort is king, it was worth my time to not have to sort all peak. As for the generous tip, I divvy out what I receive to my helper/preloader from tips on route.

brown bomber

brown bomber
my loader should have tipped me,..I saved his butt several times,..by covering for his crap loads

there were several times I would unload my entire car in the middle of a parking lot on area, then reload it,...and MGT. approved it,..it was coded out to on area reload

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Ended giving my loader a $25.00 gift card to Applebee's despite the fact she is one of the worst loaders I have ever had. Felt like an ass when I promptly found three misloads on the road. I should get a refund.

Future

Victory Ride
Everyone told me, keep him as long as you need him, through pickups whatever. But I said I was told....I use mine til I can get in, but he was beat today, 10 on preload, and 6 with me, thats alot.
Never paid attention to how many hours I was suppose to keep a helper. Picked him up at my set time and dropped him off after the final stop!

Future

Victory Ride
Ended giving my loader a $25.00 gift card to Applebee's despite the fact she is one of the worst loaders I have ever had. Felt like an ass when I promptly found three misloads on the road. I should get a refund.
Have a terrific loader ....guy really cares....gave him 60.00 for Christmas but I slip him money also during the course of the year on other Holidays....This way I feel he knows I appreciate him year round