Tips and techniques for defending a driver at panel.....

By The Book

Number 2) Dragon says his stupid smartazz remarks,to stir the pot.

Me! You are kidding right? Stirring the pot... Talk about the kettle calling the pot black!
Dragon, from reading your posts on this thread it sounds like you are happy that an employee is out of a job. I feel it is a managers responsibility to motivate train and coach their employees. I'm sure there are things you have done as a manager that you can and should be proud of. Your posts on this thread are not something you should be proud of.

tourists24

Dragon, from reading your posts on this thread it sounds like you are happy that an employee is out of a job. I feel it is a managers responsibility to motivate train and coach their employees. I'm sure there are things you have done as a manager that you can and should be proud of. Your posts on this thread are not something you should be proud of.
Dragon is a mgt wannabe who acts as if he is important. Management is not allowed on here in his capacity. They control all their activity

OPTION3

This big re-instatement you speak of. I have a few questions.

After 10 months with no paycheck from UPS - what did he do to pay the bills?

1) work under the table for cash and taking a union job from some one else?

2) Draw from his retirement accounts?

3) Claim bankruptcy - lose house, car

4) Wife leave him, alimony get paid?

When he was re-instated did they give him the "back-pay" for all that?

Yup, sounds like he came out a winner!
Just think of the BONUS you could have had with that 100K......You are the winner

OPTION3

I would not say I am happy when a "bad" employee is terminated but I definitely lose no sleep over it.

Nope no bonus for firing - wish there was - easy money!
And they are ALL bad in your eyes......I get a bonus though..every time I file and win my nine five and sups working grieves....It sure is nice....Put one kid through college on them......Love MANAGEMENT stupidity

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Just had a guy return to work after termination over production.He was out 10 months.He was re-instated with FULL-Back pay...all health and welfare covered.....100k +.
This big re-instatement you speak of. I have a few questions.When he was re-instated did they give him the "back-pay" for all that?

Did you not read.... the post you quoted ?

Dragon is a mgt wannabe

I'm starting to get that impression.

Or, he is just a part-time supervisor.

Maybe the glorified OMS. (secretary)

-Bug-

OPTION3

Dragon is a mgt wannabe who acts as if he is important.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1415654479.270548.jpg

Dragon

Package Center Manager

At some point the employee was not willing to be coached, trained and found no motivation to continue to work as directed thus began his trip out the door.

Proud of firing someone...well sometimes an employee has gotta go and you have to take look at it as a positive thing regardless.

No one knows me on this forum, don't judge by what you read here. I promise you, you would be surprised.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Did you not read.... the post you quoted ?

I'm starting to get that impression.

Or, he is just a part-time supervisor.

Maybe the glorified OMS. (secretary)

-Bug-

He may have won all the back pay$$ but lost a lot in other ways. Did that clarify it for you?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
And they are ALL bad in your eyes......I get a bonus though..every time I file and win my nine five and sups working grieves....It sure is nice....Put one kid through college on them......Love MANAGEMENT stupidity

Yup, you follow the contract, so don't get mad when I follow it.

If you add up all the 9.5 grievances paid in a district its still cheaper than 2 friend/T drivers salary, sucks but that's the reality.

OPTION3

Yup, you follow the contract, so don't get mad when I follow it.

If you add up all the 9.5 grievances paid in a district its still cheaper than 2 friend/T drivers salary, sucks but that's the reality.
Obviously the contract wasn't followed...hence the unjust termination and all the back pay....so how's it make you feel when one of your ilk do all those things to a driver unjustly? Don't complain when things start happening like what happened in Alabama...with that attitude. Ps don't stand next to me when it does happen...I wouldn't want a bullet to hit me, when it was meant for you

thessalonian13

15 SPOHR lock in, 13 SPOHR average over 12 working days after ride.
Different #'s of stops, NDA's and, areas

30 inch selection area is shelf space directly behind bulk head door that driver is expected to slide all work into
I would use this argument: "When you can guarantee the same exact stops, # of packages with same weight, same weather conditions every day, then I can guarantee SPOHR.

upssouth

I don't know what kind of rinky dink center dragon works in bit around here our center manager's work 15+ hour days where I'm sure the last thing they would do is get on the internet and pledge their alliance.

Center manager is a terrible job. They can't manage their center anymore. They are just puppets who take the daily 3pm conference call ass chewing.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This big re-instatement you speak of. I have a few questions.

After 10 months with no paycheck from UPS - what did he do to pay the bills?

1) work under the table for cash and taking a union job from some one else?

2) Draw from his retirement accounts?

3) Claim bankruptcy - lose house, car

4) Wife leave him, alimony get paid?

When he was re-instated did they give him the "back-pay" for all that?

Yup, sounds like he came out a winner!
Perhaps he had savings.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Excuse me but NO self respecting New Yorker would EVER set foot inside a Pizza Hut. You obviously know nothing about decent pizza...now do you??

Brooklyn.....(Big Arrow Down) would you be caught dead eating Domino's or Pizza Hut??
I'm not a fan of the NY/Chicago thin crust pizza. Paper thin, nothing to it and often burnt on the bottom.

My personal favorite is Greek pizza. Give me a thick greasy hamburg and mushroom Greek pizza anyday. If I have to pick a national chain pizza, Pizza Hut's pan pizzas win.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I don't know what kind of rinky dink center dragon works in bit around here our center manager's work 15+ hour days
My center manager is gone by 5pm. Even a few weeks ago when all the on-cars were off.

Center manager is a terrible job. They can't manage their center anymore. They are just puppets who take the daily 3pm conference call ass chewing.
They certainly don't have as much discretion as they once did.

badunne

Gosh! A guy was terminated in San Marcos Ca. in the 90d, ( the Company has taken a case like this to Panel.) From what I have heard about the case, the Panel deadlocked on the facts and it went to an arbitration. Lawyers from both side Union and Company argued the facts and the termination was upheld. In this case I would review the two termination letter. Sounds like the Company missed the ten day window for discipline in this case. A (Point or Order) on timelines should be called by the Union Rep. You don't want to get into auguring the facts of this case, they make the rules.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm not a fan of the NY/Chicago thin crust pizza. Paper thin, nothing to it and often burnt on the bottom.

My personal favorite is Greek pizza. Give me a thick greasy hamburg and mushroom Greek pizza anyday. If I have to pick a national chain pizza, Pizza Hut's pan pizzas win.
Not sure where you're from, TT. But thin crust pizza (like a California style) is thin and crispy...kinda like a cracker. Neapolitan pizza (standard NY style pizza) is not nearly as thin...and should never be crispy or burnt. Sicilian pizza is obviously a thicker dough...but it's not the same as like a Chicago style deep dish pizza.
In my opinion...Papa Johns is the lesser of the 4 evils if I had to pick a chain pizza....but none can compare to the local pizzerias around here.