Tips and techniques for defending a driver at panel.....

OPTION3

:backingout::backingout::backingout:Lets put it in perspective for those of you who don't get it.

You can be disciplined for not maintaining SPORH after an OJS ride. PERIOD...I stated that in this thread in the beginning. Believe it cause I have used it.

You may think not following the methods is subjective "cause your load changes" wrong answer, proved at the panel...again.

This driver has been suspended for 8 weeks and 3 days. You only work 5 days a week, so at the earliest he would come back mid January. So do you think you can afford to not follow the methods?

Kudo's to the Center Team who put an end to this employee's "I don't have to do what you say cause I am in the Union attitude" remember you work for UPS and not the Union. I hope that the employees in that center or building have had their eyes opened and everyone can get back to the business of delivering packages.

We followed the contract and the panel voted in our favor and now everyone thinks they been sold out by their union. Don't pick and choose which part of the contract you like us to follow everyday (9.5 language..8 hr) and then complain when we use a lock in ride to tighten up them nuts. You are either all in or all out.

I am shocked that only a few people have responded to the outcome of this thread. If it had gone in the Union's favor you guys would have blitzed the internet to beat UPS down. Where are the haters?

Looking forward to a lot more replies on this thread. BRING THE DRAMA!!
Just had a guy return to work after termination over production....he was out 10 months.......He was re-instated with FULL-Back pay...all health and welfare covered.....100k +......Yup you win Dragon

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You can be disciplined for not maintaining SPORH after an OJS ride. PERIOD...I stated that in this thread in the beginning. Believe it cause I have used it.

So, you're saying in your "area".... the Union has agreed there are production standards ?

Where is that ?

You may think not following the methods is subjective "cause your load changes"

Who said that ?

"Load changes" can alter the numbers. The pieces, the miles, quality of the load, etc.

We followed the contract and the panel voted in our favor and now everyone thinks they been sold out by their union. Don't pick and choose which part of the contract you like us to follow everyday (9.5 language..8 hr) and then complain when we use a lock in ride to tighten up them nuts.

What contractual language was the company following ?

There is specific language for 9.5 and 8hr requests....

Where does it talk about the mythical "lock-in-ride" ??

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting
pretty friend'ed up..most of the time they dont give a :censored2: about your load, been around for over 100 years and load quality and misloads have become worse in that time but the minute they dont like you they go through your load and change it for production rides..and this is ok how??? Or they go on a safety ride with you and have to find things you're doing wrong, which everybody does, but then they ojs you and find a few things "wrong" with methods and they can fire you with that??? How many methods could we possibly do a day 50, 000, 80, 000 who knows, but you dont do them ALL then you're gone???Bullshiit..seems like a major loophole...nobodys perfect...hope this person goes beyond the union with this.

Omega man

A driver is going to panel in two weeks.....this is the situation

He was OJS'd and received a lock in SPOHR after the 3 day ride

Over the next 12 working days he failed to average the lock in SPOHR

On the 13th day he received a one day "blended" safety and follow up OJS ride as result of a minor accident on route and his failure to make his number over the previous 12 business days

The next day he was discharged twice. Once for repeat methodical infractions (lack of smooth car routine, failure to move out without delay, too much time behind bulk head door, failure to work within a 30 inch selection area, and failure to plan ahead) and once for failure to work unsupervised as supervised.

What are some of the best and most effective ways of defending this at panel?
There is no such thing as a "lock in ride". It is not part of any contract and never will be.

Typical simpleminded response.

Put down that poor excuse for a pizza (way too many toppings) for a moment and answer my question: What part of what Dragon said was untrue?
Number 1) My pizza Is too good,for you.

Number 2) Dragon says his stupid smartazz remarks,to stir the pot.

Number 3)I always keep a notebook,change my route and I will laugh him out the door.

Number 4) you are a joke,not even a funny one.
Number 5) im always right and you are always wrong!...dont forget that

Have a niced day,all by yourself!...hugs and kisses

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Noone's ever been fired based just on the numbers. Whenever you hear about one of these "production" terminations being upheld there's always a lot more going on.
BUG, you continue to say there is more to this story than we're being told
Drac, I would put money on it.

Just as I thought, there is more to the story.

This was an example of the Company using all of their resources and power to crush a good strong union brother and Shop Steward

Um.... Not quite.

There were multiple issues.

The Teamsters let it happen.

I've read the company's case. (typically exaggerated)

I've read the Union's response.

Which demonstrated, a sure level of competence and experience.

(from the incumbent.... who won re-election)

-Bug-

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Just had a guy return to work after termination over production....he was out 10 months.......He was re-instated with FULL-Back pay...all health and welfare covered.....100k +......Yup you win Dragon

This big re-instatement you speak of. I have a few questions.

After 10 months with no paycheck from UPS - what did he do to pay the bills?

1) work under the table for cash and taking a union job from some one else?

2) Draw from his retirement accounts?

3) Claim bankruptcy - lose house, car

4) Wife leave him, alimony get paid?

When he was re-instated did they give him the "back-pay" for all that?

Yup, sounds like he came out a winner!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Number 1) My pizza Is too good,for you.

Number 3)I always keep a notebook,change my route and I will laugh him out the door.

Number 4) you are a joke,not even a funny one.
Number 5) im always right and you are always wrong!...dont forget that

Have a niced day,all by yourself!...hugs and kisses

Me! You are kidding right? Stirring the pot... Talk about the kettle calling the pot black!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It seems to make you happy,to watch a guy get walked out the door. For as many "bad" sups that i have dealt with,no matter how bad they are. I do not wish for them,to lose their job.
I thought center manager's got bonuses for firing people? Isn't there a catalog...they get to choose a prize..like a smoked meat log gift basket or a 5lb tin of butter cookies?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
It seems to make you happy,to watch a guy get walked out the door. For as many "bad" sups that i have dealt with,no matter how bad they are. I do not wish for them,to lose their job.

I would not say I am happy when a "bad" employee is terminated but I definitely lose no sleep over it.

Nope no bonus for firing - wish there was - easy money!

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
This big re-instatement you speak of. I have a few questions.

After 10 months with no paycheck from UPS - what did he do to pay the bills?

1) work under the table for cash and taking a union job from some one else?

2) Draw from his retirement accounts?

3) Claim bankruptcy - lose house, car

4) Wife leave him, alimony get paid?

When he was re-instated did they give him the "back-pay" for all that?

Yup, sounds like he came out a winner!

Sounds like you derive pleasure in the suffering of others.

What time do you have be in tomorrow for the first call? What time is the call where, you answer for me not alternating boards with my helper?

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1415574342.452319.jpg

Sent using a Potato