Tire tracks in yard

brown bomber

brown bomber
I did ding a few yards back in the day,..these were 100 yard long driveways,..I was backing,..the homeowners were were driving ahead,...they were amazed that I could negotiate the turns when in reverse,..most of the time they would greet me and give me a bottled water in the summer, or a cup of coffee or hot chocolate in the winter,...and I did wait for the coffee or hot cocoa if it wasn't ready

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Those kind of people are few anymore. Im one of those. I dont care if you hit my grass, or dig a trench in my drive. Just go out and fix it, or let the torrential rain and snow fix it. Now if he was doing a donut in my yard, I might get ticked, but probaly not, LOl

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What happens if he went off the grass a bit and didn't notice it and drove off...there's no way he or she should be fired for that....If they missed any work or did get fired that's a damp weak union
The key words are an accident that you should have knowledge about.

Very possible to go into the grass a little and not know that you did. They could still charge you for an accident, but termination for an unreported accident would be a stretch. Unless the customer had a yard camera set up and it showed you getting out and looking at the tire marks.

Knocking down a brick wall is a little different. You most likely knew you did it. Hard to say you didn't know you knocked it down.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Those kind of people are few anymore. Im one of those. I dont care if you hit my grass, or dig a trench in my drive. Just go out and fix it, or let the torrential rain and snow fix it. Now if he was doing a donut in my yard, I might get ticked, but probaly not, LOl
My local driver took out my mailbox at the street backing into my driveway. I just told him that I know what you will be doing Saturday.

Future

Victory Ride
Yes...you should have reported it as soon as it happened...Should have told sup....should have left note for the home owner with center phone number....these mistakes happen... they just do, but not reporting and trying to hide them can and will get you fired!

Future

Victory Ride
tracks.jpg
I think you will be fine.....they probably wont even notice

BrownTexas

We had a guy fired for this exact thing a few weeks ago. He is still waiting to get his job back. Any property damage should be reported to a sup. risk your job by not calling in damage or report it and not worry anymore.

MendozaJ

The indifference here is in direct proportion to the amount of time and money people have spent caring for their lawns... if they even have one.

sdnm123

Sure wish ups wouldn't create a circular drive across my yard. If anyone out of Longview,TX area sees this please inform drivers that go to Daingerfield area to stop driving across lawns!