Took Package Car Keys Home

Future

Victory Ride
Yep, they are "guaranteed jobs" put in place when a newer "hub" was opened years ago. Whenever there is an opening in our building, it takes at least 25 years seniority to score that position.
My Hub used to have said position, but it got eliminated (somehow) now we have 2 guys for a fleet of about 300 trucks that are there just to move them around etc...but they have many other tasks besides our trucks..

Future

Victory Ride
I still have a key (somewhere) for the building (unless they changed the locks in the last 13 years which I doubt) and one that I know would open any truck in the center. When I retired they never asked for anything back--- including uniforms (which I burned at my retirement party in the bon-fire). Everyone in our building had a key for the front door of the center and all truck doors were keyed alike.
I hope you saved at least one shirt. Have a little pride in a company that you worked for. Life could have been alot worse!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Even worse, I got locked inside of an old 500...lol It had a padlock on the rear barn doors. I hopped it up on a curb, opened the bulkhead door, went in the cargo area....and slam, the bulkhead door shut!...The old package cars, didnt have an inside door release!
I assume this was before the days of cell phones....lol. Do tell....how'd you get out?? :panicsmiley:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Lol early on I was driving an air pup run and had to use "restroom in the rear of the coach". This was pre-Fob in old p500 with the padlock barn doors on rear.

Tossed keys on shelf did my business in bottle, in a hurry to keep on schedule, back in cab in a flash and NOOOOOO! As the bulkhead door is closing I realize too late keys still in there.

As it turned out I was next to a shop on military base. Went in and asked if they had bolt cutters? Called center manager said look I can cut lock be rolling in 30 secs or the air comes in late. Snap goes the padlock!

They didn't even say much to me. Hey when you gotta go....
Restroom in the rear of the coach.....lmao. Well said, sir...they have the cleanest facilities ;)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Our so-called car wash guys have master fobs that work on all the cars if the driver takes a fob home.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I never thought about all the doors popping open with the master fob, you have to be a certain distance from the dash before a fob will work. They always just leave the doors open anyways when they unload our package cars.

Z

ZQXC

I never thought about all the doors popping open with the master fob, you have to be a certain distance from the dash before a fob will work. They always just leave the doors open anyways when they unload our package cars.

Mine will work from about 30 feet, so if you had a bunch of trucks in a tight covey............

oldngray

nowhere special
I kept kicking the back door, until I broke the lock latch , luckly I didn't do any real damage to the door.
I went back and explained to my Sup. He thought it was halarious!

I left keys on shelf and locked then in once. I borrowed a screwdriver and forced/bent the bulkhead door open. Luckily those cheap :censored2: doors bend easily. Bend back almost as easily. :wink2:

Z

ZQXC

The one time I locked my keys in the back, I was able to lift the door hook with a thin pad of delivery notices.

Came up on another driver one day who had left his keys on the 2000 shelf before shutting the bulkhead, and he was in panic mode. Used a lottery scratch off ticket and 2 minutes later he was rolling.