Tool talk

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Lucky you.

The reason Phillips head and square drive head screws were developed was efficiency. The tool won't slip out as easily and they can be driven faster. The hex heads on things like hose clamps are there for the same reason.

Have a slotted driver slip out of the fastener and into the palm of your hand just once, and you will appreciate the different fasteners and tool.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lucky you.

The reason Phillips head and square drive head screws were developed was efficiency. The tool won't slip out as easily and they can be driven faster. The hex heads on things like hose clamps are there for the same reason.

Have a slotted driver slip out of the fastener and into the palm of your hand just once, and you will appreciate the different fasteners and tool.
Try lossen a radiator hose clamp that's been on there 10-15 years with a slotted screwdriver. Lmao

rod

Retired 22 years
View attachment 58743

Pretty much the best nut drivers I have found.

A must for anyone who enjoys working on stuff with the right tools. I don't use mine too often but when I do they usually are the tool that solves the problem. I've even got one I had to grind down the thickness just a touch because when I bought my last new stove it came set up for natural gas and I run propane. It was required (and the owners manual showed how to do it) to change the fuel orifice's that were located way down through the burner. Sears refused to do it (liability issues) and I wasn't about to pay probably 75 bucks minimum just to have someone from the propane company do a 10 minute job.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A must for anyone who enjoys working on stuff with the right tools. I don't use mine too often but when I do they usually are the tool that solves the problem. I've even got one I had to grind down the thickness just a touch because when I bought my last new stove it came set up for natural gas and I run propane. It was required (and the owners manual showed how to do it) to change the fuel orifice's that were located way down through the burner. Sears refused to do it (liability issues) and I wasn't about to pay probably 75 bucks minimum just to have someone from the propane company do a 10 minute job.
It's one of those tools that can turn a 10 minute job into a 2 minute job.